Accenture-Sql Server Job Openings in BangaloreAugust 30th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Experience : 1 – 3 Years
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Details :
This position requires technical knowledge and practical experiences across a number of diverse applications. The job purpose is to
Job Responsibilities :
- Create and manage reporting data and reports out of various database systems for the Australian Bank, including the Global Data Warehouse.
- Provide professional expertise and direction to other team members and act as the focal point for business units and Technology by participating in key project initiatives.
- Also, as required, respond to queries, investigate irregularities and anomalies and provide technical support for day-to-day issues.
- Use a diverse range of applications and understand the business and technical functionality of each application and its relevance to the business community.
- Provide support to all business units across the Australian region, including product understanding, validation, problem/query resolution and coordination of communications.
- The incumbent is required to communicate effectively with end users to satisfy the demands of the position.
- Desired Profile PROCESSES: Financial Infrastructure and Information Management
- Day to day requirements of Financial and Information Management report systems.
- Being involved as a key subject matter expert for certain projects that may impact the overall Management Information Control Framework with particular emphasis on the Reporting data, related applications and Reports
- Coordinating and managing the key Production Support engagement with Technology or Database owners / managers.
- Providing input to the strategic direction of key financial systems where FM&C is the key business owner.
- Performing the support function for Reporting data and Reports, including.
- Data Validation on Reports
- Break-fix analysis and resolution
- Enhancement/Change Request preparation and follow-up, including UAT, training, documentation, etc
- Maintenance Request preparation and follow-up
- Business ad-hoc queries.
- Providing general assistance and guidance to Manager
- From time to time the will also provide Oracle/SQL/Crystal/ Business Object/Excel/Access support of existing operational applications (and potentially, development of new worksheets/databases for specific operational needs).
- The incumbent will also be responsible for any related engagement within the Finance Infrastructure & Information Management (FIIM) and Finance Support teams.
- Key contact point for any customer queries and provision of advice on functionality, data and reporting analysis for all applications currently supported
- Undertake detailed analysis of user requirements and determine the best approach/solution to meet customer needs.
- Problem / query resolution
- Ensure accurate and meaningful management & financial information is delivered to Australian region business units and immediate remediation assessment and actioning in event of production failure
- Ensure appropriate data quality checks are in place to validate reports and reporting data
- Add value to end-users by critically analysing management & financial information.
- Provide end-user training as required.
- Maintain work logging tool to pro-actively manage work requests
- Take ownership of work requests and ensure that it has been followed through.
- Provide status updates to customers or regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Liase with the relevant Financial Infrastructure & Information Management (FIIM) teams for data and application related issues, enhancements , testing and implementation of solutions.
- Ensure end-user ad-hoc queries are actioned and perform appropriate analysis as required
- Ensure validation checks and take action to resolve and communicate to users any data integrity, processing and delivery issues
- Ensure consistent information is being reported internally and externally.
- Maintain effective working relationship with business units
- Ensure business units are able to interpret management & financial information correctly
- Assist FI&IM teams in the prioritisation of data quality issues
- Educate and inform business units of known data quality issues
- Continuous Improvement
- Responsible for Financial & Management Information reporting that has a material impact on key components of the client’s financial statements and business decision making.
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination and review of financial and management information data to properly recognize results for material components of the client’s operations.
- May be required to prepare a wide range of financial reporting applicable to scope of the assigned responsibilities.
- Analyzes transactions, understands and explains variances, and proactively identifies potential problems and solutions.
- Develops and maintains documentation on projects and team assignments.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements in procedures of team assignments.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
- Coordinates and contributes to FI &IM processes.
- Proactively recognizes problems within scope of responsibilities, draws from appropriate resources to identify options and solutions based on the relative cost benefit, then implements solutions.
- Proactively adapts to a changing business environment and revises accounting processes and procedures accordingly.
- Maintains an awareness of the client’s business, operational activities, and processes in areas pertaining to scope of responsibilities.
- Must have a high user proficiency in the client’s financial systems and desktop applications.
- Maintains strong technical accounting skills, and accounting systems and process skills.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of data.
- Ensures account analyses are comprehensive, substantive, and performed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that assigned reporting targets are met.
- May be called to participate in the development and installation of system enhancements when required.
- Reviews reporting and regulatory requirements as well as client’s policies and procedures, and ensures compliance.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple systems and data flows.
- Proactively chooses to learn and utilize new skills.
- Communicates relevant information on a timely basis. Clearly expresses ideas and concepts both orally and in writing, recognizing the audience and communicating appropriately.
- May prioritize and oversee activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Performs a range of tasks from complex to straightforward within the scope of the function.
- Assists in the identification, assessment and resolution of complex issues/problems
- Required to assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative.
- Decides within an available range of solutions/practices, which are the most applicable.
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience.
- Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job.
- Subject to general direction and guidance from manager as appropriate.
- Interacts with client/users around specific work efforts/deliverables.
- As appropriate may directly supervise or co-ordinate the work of others in a discrete section/small team.
- Coaches inexperienced team members and provides first level advice on procedures/work methods, for those who may be at the same level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of desktop computing products (Excel and Word)
- Accounting experience in Oil & Gas industry a plus, but not required.
- Understands US accounting principles and procedures.
- Familiar with US FASB, US GAAP and UK IFRS a plus.
- Sound knowledge of internal controls and concepts.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards a plus.
- Good Analytical skills
- Ability to independently research and respond to client inquiries with limited direction from the client
- BA, Bcom, BBM, BBA, Bsc with high degree of proficiency in usage / management of databases and Reporting Tools
- Experience in database development and report creation (preferred).
- Broad knowledge, experience and understanding of financial services operations
- Experience within the information delivery environment with a working knowledge of information delivery systems and processes
- Understanding of financial reporting / management reporting and business intelligence
About Company :
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With approximately 177,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, the company generated net revenues of US$21.58 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2009.
Accenture IBC Knowledge Park 4/1, Bannerghatta
Apply : Email ur cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject : Profiles from vfreshers.com