Alcatel Lucent-IP Networking Jobs at BangaloreJuly 26th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Intermediate Customer Application Engineer
Experience : 1 – 2 Years
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Responsibilities :
- “3LS – TEC” (3rd Level Support – Technical Expertise Center) is hiring engineers to handle customer issues escalated by the 2LS (2nd Level Support) team for LER series of products in the year 2010 and then support 7210/7×50 products as well from the yer 2011.
- Candidate expected to interface to regional TACs, Customer Account Teams, other Business Units, R&D and Product Management for technical consultation and customer support concerns.
- Debugs complex product installations, product problems by applying both established procedures and creative alternatives.
- Writes technical application notes, field notices.
- Assists and advises Tier 1/2/3 network architecture and implementation teams. Performs on-site product adaptations or enhancements to installed product.
- Provides technical and sales support for Test and Evaluations, New Product Introductions (NPI). Maintains awareness of new products and releases through regular updates with R&D, Product Management
- Coordinates upgrade programs for Tier 1 customers (including generation of MOP).
- Provides emergency cell phone support to customers on a global basis 24/7.
- Experience / interest in working in a customer support role and environment is preferred.
- Proven aptitude for methodical problem solving. Good communication skills. Ability to work well in a close-knit team.
- 0.5-1.5 years of knowledge and experience testing or supporting IP/MPLS, Ethernet based networks is a must.
- Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP) and QOS.
- Tier 1 network architecture background in the areas of IP, Triple Play
- Must have strong background in TCP/IP networking testing and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with networking test tools (Agilent router tester, IXIA, etc.).
About Company :
Alcatel-Lucent is a global communications solutions provider with the most robust portfolio of wireless, wireline and converged products and applications and the largest services and support team in the industry. We are committed to innovation with a portfolio of 25,000 patents and the industry’s largest research and development capabilities.
The company enjoys a rich cultural diversity, with our worldwide headquarters in Paris, France and operations in 130 countries around the world. Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with customers in virtually every market.
Alcatel-Lucent has been present in India since 1982, when Alcatel entered the Indian market with a technology transfer with ITI Ltd. and became the first company to manufacture digital switching equipment in the country.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above