Amazon Development Centre Chennai Openings 2011- Application Engineer JobsJuly 27th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
Amazon.com is hiring B.Tech / BE / MCA Freshers having knowledge of C,C++,shell,perl as Application Support Engineers in Chennai – 27 July 2011
Job Position : Application Engineer
Name of the Organization : Amazon.com
Number of Posts : 9
Experience: 1 – 4 Years
Job Location: Chennai , Tamil Nadu
B.Tech/B.E. – Computers , M.Sc,M.Tech,MCA
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1+ years overall development/engineering support experience.
- Development Experience in Java/J2ee or C,C++ programming technologies and open source based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in Perl or shell scripts, a sound understanding of web technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
- Proven ability to debug, identify the root cause of issues and develop code fixes in complex Enterprise Level n-tier online applications.
- Passion for problem solving and enabling automation for operational excellence.
- Designs moderate to complex technical solutions
Job Duties :
- Provide engineering support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
- Work on maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, and UI enhancement projects.
- Read and understand complex application code and make code fixes to resolve support issues
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Ownership of one or more Digital products or components.
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
- Work with engineering team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and to create a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
- Lay processes for escalations and problem resolution
Details of the Organization :
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Apply : Email ur cv to firstname.lastname@example.org