Android Framework Programmer- Onsite Job Openings in USA / AmericaSeptember 3rd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Android Framework Developer Positions at a leading Handset Manufacturer in USA
Experience: 1 – 6 Years
Location: United States (U.S)
Education: BTech(CS) / MCA
The Android Framework Developer will primarily be involved in the design and implementation of one or more Android middleware frameworks (“libraries”). Other application developers (in-house or external) will use these frameworks to develop interesting Android applications. These frameworks make use of one or more hardware, software or other device specific capabilities to expose a simplified API to application developers.
Example frameworks include (but not limited to) – Email, Instant Messaging, GPS, Single sign-on, social networking, etc. Almost all such frameworks developed by the engineer will have a “network dimension” to it – i.e. involve communication with one or more servers in the Internet.
The framework developer will work closely with application developers to ensure that the frameworks/libraries they create are robust and complete. In addition, they will work closely with one or more QA teams (local or remote) to identify, debug and fix production issues. The developer is expected to work hard during production/launch time frames to ensure that handset launches are not delayed.
- Design, implement and test one or more Android “middleware” frameworks. These frameworks could
- be pure Java or a combination of Java and C/C++ “system libraries” (with JNI).
- Work closely with QA teams to identify and fix any and all bugs that are reported.
- Travel to customer or partner sites to facilitate smooth exchange of information, joint development or integration activities (approximately 3-4 times a year – and each trip lasting about 2 weeks).
- Travel to Korea when needed for design, implementation or integration activities with hardware and firmware teams (approximately 3-4 times a year – each trip lasting about 2 weeks).
- Fluent in Java programming – especially in a mobile or embedded environment. Expertise with object ? oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common Java “design patterns” are required.
- Expertise with Android APIs – especially in the common frameworks and libraries. Must have developed one or two non-trivial Android middleware libraries or APIs.
- Knowledge of Android frameworks – such as messaging, networking, web services – strongly desired.
- Candidates with demonstrable expertise in such middleware APIs will be given preference.
- Expertise in fundamentals of computer science – data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, networking concepts is mandatory.
- Candidates unable to test in these areas will be rejected.
- Self-starter – with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
- Minimally Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required; MS CS preferred.
Note: H1B Sponsorship Available for Talented Candidates
About the Firm: WorldLink, Inc. provides talented individuals with career opportunities in the US on an H1 visa. We are looking to hire and sponsor candidates with Android experience to join our team in the US, and work on projects for our leading handset manufacturer partner. Our CEO, Adil Adi, and our VP of Technology, Mike Hall, will be in India conducting interviews September 22th-28th.
Apply: If you are interested please email your word-formatted resume to android(AT)worldlink-us.com