Bangalore Data Specialist Jobs at Thomson ReutersApril 1st, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world”s businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media & News, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevent, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe.
Experience : 1 – 6 Years
Work Place : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Details :
Data specialist manage the process that does the ingestion and delivery of subsets of licensed data to each of our client bases using in-house software. Interacting with the software, monitoring the application process and logs as well as handling issues or escalating issues with the package. The enviornment is ever-changing and fast paced. The role requires a detail-oriented person who can follow through on instructions, adapt as needed while working in a heavy multi-tasking and fast-paced role.
- Process daily, weekly and monthly files using our in-house software
- Assist data quality team, support team and data metrics team with operational projects
- Maintain documentation on procedures
- support development team with data needs
- Interact with vendors to resolve timing, data quality and other issues
- computer experience with Microsoft windows, excellent written and oral communication skills, well organized, detail-oriented, ability to work independently, MS Office (mainly Excel), Fundamental knowledge of SQL, problem solving skills, time management skills
- Finance knowledge, development experience or application support experience, Scripting language experience such as Perl, and experience with MarketQA