BBC Delhi Bureau- Fresher Media/ Dotcom Job OpeningJuly 26th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
BBC Delhi Bureau is recruiting Fresher in NCR delhi- 26 July 2011
Job Position : Producer
Name of the organization : BBC World Service India Pvt. Ltd.
Number of post : 1
Experience: 0 – 4 Years
Job Location: Delhi/NCR
Job Details :
- Editorial Judgement – demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of BBC editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
- Creative Thinking – able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Planning and organisation – able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Developing Others – able to recognise potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realised.
- Resilience – manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Job Duties :
- To originate, prepare, produce and present news bulletins in Hindi for the BBC’s FM output. To be confident on air and to possess a good broadcast voice and manner. To be able to make radio packages, conduct interviews and discussions, and produce complete programmes, as well as providing background analysis and feature material for radio, the internet and other media forms. To be able to produce long form, magazine style radio programs for FM as well. In addition, to occasionally broadcast in English for the South Asia Region for its various outlets.
- To generate ideas and adapt them to fit with the needs of our various platforms, be it SW, FM or internet streams. To ensure that any programme material for which the post holder is responsible meets the standards required by the BBC. To work as Duty Editor for specific broadcasts or periods of time, as may be required.
- To write original material.
- To demonstrate an imaginative and creative approach to scripting.
- To adapt and translate source material as required.
- To conduct two-ways for radio, with the FM team and FM radio stations, as and when required.
- To perform in front of the microphone with or without a script, live or in recording sessions; either as Programme Producer, or as a participant in others’ productions.
- To conduct interviews either in the studio or on location, live or pre-recorded.
- To ensure that BBC Editorial principles and all relevant legal, contractual and copyright requirements are met, referring upwards in cases of difficulty or doubt.
- To actively contribute to the BBC’s editorial planning process and strategy.
- To brief the Studio Manager/Technical staff, as necessary, in respect of the transmission or recording of any programmes or part of a programme for which the Producer is responsible.
Details of the Organization :
We are the world’s leading international broadcaster providing programmes and content for radio, television, online and mobile phones in English and 27 other languages. Hundreds of reporters and specialist correspondents bring impartial news reports, documentaries and analysis from around the globe. We also offer a rich mix of other programming from arts, business and culture to drama, science and sport. BBC World Service is one part of the collected international-facing television, radio and online services which form BBC Global News.
BBC World Service India Pvt. Ltd.