Biotech Job Careers at Thomson Reuters ChennaiApril 6th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world”s businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media & News, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevent, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.
Job Position : Junior Analyst – Prous Metabolism
Job Responsibilities :
- Creation of metabolism schemes and supporting synthesis/ metabolism team registering intermediates/ reactives/ metabolites
- Creation of metabolism schemes (an ISIS sketch plus a text describing and summarizing the information in references)
- Support synthesis/ metabolism team registering intermediates/ reactives/ metabolites
- Achieve production volume and quality targets.
- Recording of performance against target.
- Taking an active role within the team to ensure targets are met.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in own technology areas.
- Achieve and maintain consistent quality standards.
- Effective personal planning and time management.
- Maintain a flexible and adaptable approach towards process change.
- To deputize for team members as and when required.
- To take responsibility for identifying technology training and developmental needs for you on an on-going basis.
- To make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager / director on a permanent or temporary basis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Chemical Structures and Pharma sciences
- Knowledge in ISIS Draw, Marvin Sketch & ACD Chem will be desirable
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem identification and solving skills
Experience : 1 – 6 Years
Qualification : B.Pharma
Work Place : Chennai