Call Center Interview Questions: Freshers BPO InterviewFebruary 8th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
Call Centers service international clients and customers and therefore, the interviews conducted by them are extremely grueling and difficult to crack. There are several freshers who would love to get into a call center job but are unable to do so as they are not able to field the Call Center interview Questions thrown their way. Therefore, it works out to be a good enough idea to get to know the kind of questions to come your way, and the answers that are expected. The moment that you are aware of these questions you will be in a better position to go ahead and answer them. Also, ensure that at no point of time during the interview you go ahead and sound rehearsed. This can be one of the most off putting things for the interviewer and you will lose your chance of clinching a job at the call center.
These are the Call Center interview Questions that are asked both at the inbound as well as outbound call centers. This may vary from one call center to another but predominantly they remain the same. The same kinds of questions could be paraphrased and asked in different ways.
- What kind of software are you familiar with?
- What is your typing speed?
- Have you taken calls from international customers before?
- When was a time that you exuded leadership skills/team work? Cite specific examples of this and the ultimate outcome.
- Was there a time when you felt the going tough? Describe it and how did you handle it?
- Have you ever had a difficult customer and what was the way in which you addressed the situation?
- Are you a good mentor? Tell me about a time when you mentored someone?
- What are your five year goals?
- How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 on communication skills?
- If you could describe yourself in just three keywords or phrases what would they be?
- What would your best friend have to tell us about you if we were to ask him/her?
- How would you placate an angry customer?
- What do you know about the call center industry?
- What do you think about going the extra mile for customers? Would you be willing to do so? Why?
- What is the difference according to you between customer satisfaction and customer delight?
- According to you, how would you go on to define exemplary customer service?
- How is your problem solving skills? Have you ever solved a problem for a customer?
- How would you deal with an inefficient service because of a colleague?
- Can you learn large complex bits of information in a short span of time? if so, cite an example.
- Tell me, why I should select you over the other candidates.
- How are you at handling work stress and long work hours? Can you work in shifts?