Canara Bank 2010 Recruitment of Investment OfficersJune 22nd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Recruitment Cell, Personnel Wing
Head Office (Annexe):
14, Naveen Complex,
M G Road, Bangalore – 560001
Recruitment of Investment Officers on contract basis
Job Details :
Online Applications are invited for recruitment of 700 posts of Investment Officers in Canara Bank .
Eligible candidates are requested to apply ON-LINE through Bank’s website www.canarabank.com. No other means / mode of Application will be accepted.
Job Position : Investment Officer
No of Posts : 700 (on contract basis)
(UR-350, OBC-191, SC-106, ST-53) (PH-30) in various states
Age Limit : 21 – 30 years
Educational Qualification : All the eligibility criteria [qualification, age etc] shall be computed as on 01.06.2010.
- A Graduate in any discipline, preferably with MBA, and having flair for marketing the Insurance, Mutual Fund and other products of the Bank. All the qualifications mentioned should be from a recognized University / Institution.
- Knowledge (Read / Write / Speak) of the local language of the State / Union Territory for which he / she is applying, is essential.
- Candidates must necessarily be qualified by passing the IRDA Licence Examination after their provisional selection, at their own cost. Provisionally selected candidates shall be allowed to join the bank only if they acquire the IRDA Licence within the period stipulated by the Bank.
- Candidate should possess the following;
– Passion for Marketing
– Work independently and also with team
– Computer literacy
– Good communication skills
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have prior experience in marketing / insurance business.
- Since the job involves extensive travelling, candidates should have good physical fitness and ready to accept the challenges & meeting the targets.
- COMPUTER LITERACY: Operating computer systems in MS-DOS, MS Windows, Basic concepts of Networking & Connectivity, MS Office [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail etc.] shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
- HINDI KNOWLEDGE: The candidates shall acquire working knowledge of Hindi, if not possessed already, within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
Profile of the Job :
Marketing the Insurance, Mutual Fund and other products of the Bank. Responsible for end-to-end sales. Any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time.
Period of Contract :
Three  years with an option to extend for two years at the discretion of the Bank.
Rs.15000/- per month subject to achievement of minimum threshold premium of Rs.1 lakh per month i.e., Rs.12 lakhs per annum.
Basic : Rs.10,000/-
HRA : Rs.2,500/- [25% Basic]
Conveyance : Rs.1,500/- [15% Basic]
Medical Aid : Rs.1,000/- [10% Basic]
Over and above the threshold limit, he/she will be entitled for variable pay and the variable pay is equivalent to 15% of the commission received by the Bank, which shall be paid quarterly.
The contract appointees, who fail to achieve performance with a minimum threshold premium of Rs.3.00 lakhs per quarter, consecutively for two quarters, beginning from the second quarter of their appointment shall cease to continue as contract appointees of the bank from the last day of the month from the end of the second quarter under review. However, if any candidate fails to achieve minimum threshold limit of Rs.3 lakhs in any quarter, Bank reserves right to cancel the contract appointment.
Casual Leave – 10 days per calendar year
Annual Leave- 20 days in a calendar year
The Annual Leave can be encashed to the extent of 50% every year. Carry over of unavailed casual / annual leave shall not be permitted.
Application Fee : Rs.300/- (Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD) to be deposited in any Canara Bank branch through Payment Voucher or By Online by Net Banking. Keep the receipt as this is to be shown at the time of Written Test.
How To Apply :
The eligible candidates are required to apply ON-LINE through bank’s website www.canarabank.com. The guidelines for filling on-line application are as follows;
Candidates should have a valid personal e-mail id. In case, candidate is not having valid e-mail id, he/she should create a new e-mail id. This e-mail id should be valid for the duration of the project.
Candidates should have remitted the requisite fee in any branch of Canara Bank and should have details of payment made OR Candidates should have remitted the requisite fee in any other Bank through NEFT and should have details of payment made.
Please note that without valid payment details, on-line registration of application will be summarily rejected. For details of payment, check Point No.4.
Candidates are required to visit the Bank’s website www.canarabank.com-Careers-Positions Open page and click on the link “Recruitment Project – 2 / 2010 – Investment Officers on Contract” and apply for the post. Alternatively, candidates can click the link “Recruitment” scrolling in the “News Update”, which leads to the Recruitment Page.
The link for registration of application will be open on our website on the dates indicated at the top of this advertisement.
After filling in all the required particulars, candidates shall submit the application on-line.
There is provision to modify the submitted on-line application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct the details in on-line application, if any. This Modification facility shall be available after 2 days of registration & up to 12.07.2010. Modification will be allowed only 3 times. After the last date, no modification will be permitted.
Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in on-line application.
Retain a copy of on-line application print out along with Registration Number & Password safely for your records.
CANDIDATES NEED NOT SEND APPLICATION PRINT / DOCUMENTS AT THIS STAGE.
While attending for the Written Test, candidates have to submit Original Payment Challan / NEFT receipt along with Test Call Letter, without which candidates are not allowed to take up examination.
Important Dates :
1.Opening Date for on-line registration in Website : 22/06/2010
2.Closing Date for on-line registration in Website : 10/07/2010
3.Tentative Date of Written Test : 05/09/2010
For More Information Click : http://www.canarabank.com/English/Scripts/RecruitmentProjecta.aspx