Chennai Data Management Job Careers-Thomson ReutersDecember 22nd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Data Modeler / Database Fresher Job Openings in India Thomson Reuters Chennai
Job Position : Data Management Associate
Experience : 1 – 2 Years
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. , M.Sc,MCA
Job Location : Chennai
Job Details :
Build databases in support of client requirements, evaluate and process client data feeds, generate production deliverables, and provide backup for client technical support.
Job Responsibilities :
- Develop and test data transformations of healthcare data using ETL tools
- Develop familiarity with client-supplied data and with internally developed tools used to assess data quality and build requisite databases.
- Investigate and resolve data quality issues and escalate situations according to department processes.
- Design, maintain, execute and document system tests and requirements validation tests; support user acceptance testing as needed.
- Assist clients with understanding of data specifications and resolution of data quality issues.
- Consistently deliver usable databases on time and within budget while conforming to client expectations for content and quality.
- Learn database update process activities.
- For each update, execute all DM test cases, document results, obtain supervisor sign-off, and work on resolving failed test cases prior to proceeding with the update.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues during testing.
- Gain understanding of tools, such as DataStage, DataProbe, Advantage Suite, DataProfiler, Data Model Manager and other applications.
- Perform data investigation on data quality issues.
- Undergo a periodic review of progress, performance, and development.
- Has responsibility for task-oriented assignments that are individual or department focused.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for successfully completing job responsibilities.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, MSc IT, MCA or 1-2 years experience in a data processing, database building, or healthcare knowledge.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Access and Excel.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic programming concepts.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data structures.
- High level of initiative; self-starter and able to work in a team environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills either face-to-face or over the phone.
About company :
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in 93 countries.
Website : http://www.thomsonreuters.com
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above