Computers Engineer Job Vacancy Noida-Rockwell Automation IndiaOctober 27th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : FTPC Engineer
Experience : 1 – 3 Years
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Computers
Job Location : Noida
Job Responsibilities :
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for Rockwell products to customers, Rockwell Automation field office personnel, distributors, and systems integrators.
- Investigate and verify product problems in software, firmware, hardware and documentation. Document the problem via the case management system; work with appropriate resources to resolve the problem.
- Contribute to knowledgebase documenting problems, work-arounds, solutions and common “how to’s”.
- Maintain personal knowledge of Rockwell products and technologies by attending internal and external training classes and reading journals
- Responds to customers’ telephone, web and email queries regarding Enterprise software problems.
- Use appropriate resources, such as knowledgebase, documentation, other local or global TSC engineers, or simulation, determines the nature and likely causes of the problem, recommends corrective action and guides the customer through the necessary steps.
- Follow-up as required with customers to ensure problems were resolved and/or recommend further action to ensure non-recurrence and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that technical enquiries are logged into a call management database, ensuring completeness of information so that Technical Support in USA or product engineering can reproduce an engineering fault, and develop fixes.
- Create Knowledgebase articles for additional knowledge in working support cases or testing the product. Prior experience with structured knowledge management, Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) will be a plus.
- Provides liaison with other functions (such as product development, support, product marketing), when necessary, to obtain answers to urgent or complex customer problems and inquires. Refer product anomalies with Tier 3 support (ie. US specialists), and working with them to provide “patches” to customers.
- Make recommendations regarding technical support procedures, product improvements and other steps to reduce the volume of help calls and better ensure customer satisfaction with RA products.
- As needed, participates in the delivery of Application Support (ie. InSite Services, http://www. rockwellautomation. com/services/ remote/)
- Within the scope of the above tasks, every effort is to be made to encourage customers in the purchase of new equipment; product upgrades, support & maintenance contracts and the use of paid support services.
- Maintain current technical knowledge of Rockwell products, associated equipment, and technologies by:
- attending internal and external training classes
- Undertaking developmental tasks, such as participate in a field service call
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Info. Systems, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Experience in a technical support related role.
- Fluent (Verbal & Written) English and/or Asian language.
- Minimum – One year practical application in a customer service technical support role, either office or field support.
- At least 1 year experience in designing, installing, commissioning or maintaining enterprise software applications, preferably with Rockwell Automation equipment.
- Working knowledge of the FactoryTalk ProductionCentre MES product (previously Datasweep Advantage).
- Experience in FactoryTalk ProductionCentre MES product (previously Datasweep) or comparable enterprise software. Manufacturing software experience (e.g. Siemens, Visiprise, Camstar, Wonderware, Agile, etc.) but any complex Enterprise Software support.
- SQL experience (preference is Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle SQL)
- Working knowledge of Administering IBM Websphere,
- JBoss Application servers on Windows preferred or Red Hat Linux.
- Problem solving skills and experience
- Committed to Customer Satisfaction.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and managing the issue through to satisfactory conclusion / resolution.
About Company :
Rockwell Automation is a $5.0 billion global industrial automation company focused to be the most valued provider of power control and information solutions. The company employs about 19,000 people at more than 450 locations serving customers in more than 80 countries. Rockwell has following career opportunity of Academically bright , dynamic and result oriented professionals in India.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above