Configuration Specialist Job Position India-Tieto PuneNovember 1st, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Configuration & Release Professional
Experience: 1 – 4 Years
Job Location : Pune
Job Responsibilities :
- Configuration Management
- Execution of Software Configuration Management plans
- Maintenance of the System Software Baseline for all delivered software.
- Advise on CM practice
- Build master code for distribution and run the software release process for all builds
- maintain and publish accurate and timely information about product releases, bug fixes and feature enhancements.
- Work with the testing, product and development team to support the release plan.
- Product Build, Release and Implementation
- Building of product releases for internal and external customers according to current release processes
- Testing of release implementation including SQL scripts
- Update/refining of release processes as required
- Provision of release documentation and reporting
- Building and testing of product upgrades
- Support and maintenance of internal software environments for Development, QA and Implementations
- Point of reference for any internal/external release queries
- Co-ordination and execution of the technical implementation and associated tasks as part of a Tieto product implementation or upgrade within a customer environment
- Appreciation of CM issues, strategies and best practice.
- Good understanding of SVN, CVS
- Good understanding of Linux & Unix is a must
- Good understanding of DBA work (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Good understanding of AnthillPro/CruiseControl/Hudson
- Hands on experience with ant or maven scripting
- Knowledge of Tomcat/JBoss/WebShpere App Server/Apache Server
- Independent and challenging work
- Dynamic and multicultural work environment
- Possibility to influence on PDC’s maturity journey to become the foremost provider of efficient service production within Tieto
- Latest knowledge, methods and tools, and training to support those
About company :
Tieto is an IT service company providing IT, R&D and consulting services. With approximately 17 000 experts, we are among the leading IT service companies in Northern Europe and the global leader in selected segments.
We specialize in areas where we have the deepest understanding of our customers’ businesses and needs.
Job Details :
This is a CM Analyst role utilising the Rational CM toolset and working in the CM & Build team. The successful candidate will be a committed team player capable of managing their time & work efficiently.