Customer Engineer Job Openings-NCR DelhiApril 10th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
NCR revolutionized business transactions bringing the Cash Register to international prominence and opening one of the worlds first sales schools. Today, NCR celebrates more than 125 years of business and continues to be the face of innovation, bringing to market state-of-the-art solutions that make headlines and constantly push the boundaries of technology
Our NCR self-service, assisted-service and point-of-sale solutions are found in over 150 countries across the globe. Our core industries are financial and retail. The extensive NCR solutions portfolio also serves the travel, healthcare, food and hospitality, entertainment and gaming, and government and public sector industries. Recognizing that more consumers favor self-service as part of their everyday lives, NCR has taken the lead in offering the “anywhere, anytime” convenience that todays consumers demand.
Job Position : Customer Engineer
Experience :1 – 6 Years
Job Location : Delhi
Job Responsibilities :
- will make minor repairs and replace components on Tier I equipment such as PCs, workstations and peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems, First Line Maintenance on ATMs and kiosks, and single pocket proof encoders.
- will also assist in site preparation–including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment. The Customer Engineer may also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements or perform preventative maintenance services. Tier I workload should be 80% or greater of overall workload
- responds to all customer concerns or problems by resolving them or by escalating them to the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or the Control Tower. The Customer Engineer will have ownership of the customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and/or within the parameters of the agreed upon Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level (ie Branch, Store or office).
- Responsible for ownership of all customer issues/needs that are voiced or observed and acts appropriately.
- Understands and performs the various customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and elevates or escalates issues when appropriate, and/or according to established procedures.
- Communicates to all levels – Service/Installation Coordinator/Customer/Control Tower, throughout the entire service activity.
- Represents NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company Customer Services
- Installation and set-up of hardware, hardware modifications, first line maintenance, multi-vendor maintenance
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance on assigned products
- Responsible for all NCR assets that will be used in the delivery of customer services (i.e. tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property), or as assigned by management
- Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping
- Valid Drivers’ License and cleared background check and drug screen
- Ability to work nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts and on-call shifts are required
- Exposure to enclosed spaces, dust, drafts, and damp areas
- College degree or certificate in electronics or computer technology is preferred.
- One year of College level courses, equivalent military training, or training in electronics or computer technology.
- A+ Certification