Dresser Rand Pune-Mechanical Engineer VacanciesJune 4th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
DRESSER-RAND is among the largest global suppliers of custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions for long-life, critical applications in the oil, gas, petrochemical and process industries.
These products-centrifugal and reciprocating gas compressors, gas and steam turbines, gas expanders and associated control panels- are used in oil and gas production, high-pressure field injection and oil recovery, gas liquefaction, gas transmission, refinery processes, natural gas processing, power generation, petrochemical production, general industry (including paper,steel,sugar distributed power) and U.S.Navy applications. Our worldwide client base consists of oil and gas producers and distributors, state-owned oil and gas companies and chemical and industrial companies in more than 140 countries.
In India, we have a presence for over three decades with manufacturing facility at Naroda, Ahmedabad, Service Centre at Baroda and Sales Offices at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata.
Job Position : Engineer – Compressor and Turbine Design
No of Openings : 5
Experience :1 – 5 Years
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Mechanical
M.Tech – Mechanical
Work Location : Pune
Job Responsibilities :
- To design and engineering of components, assemblies and auxiliary equipment & systems of existing and new products (Turbo Compressors / Steam Turbines / Reciprocating Compressors) in compliance with Dresser-Rand (D-R) engineering guidelines, industry standards and client contractual requirements with cost effective and optimum solution;
- To evaluate client requirements, specifications & comments and to translate these into the D-R systems and product design within the stipulated cost and delivery commitments;
- To guide and supervise engineering drafting activities and provide back-office engineering support to different D-R Operations globally.
- Review client specifications, identify special requirements over standard products for engineering of components and sub-assemblies;
- Define product design requirements in accordance with contract specifications and desired performance;
- Engineering and design of compressor components / sub-assemblies in accordance with D-R guidelines and prepare representing drawings / specifications;
- Selection of appropriate materials, heat treatment, and properties in compliance with design standards, D-R practices and client requirements;
- Engineering of compressor auxiliary systems and prepare P & I schematic drawings, general arrangement and layout drawings;
- Prepare requirements and specifications for major bought-out equipment and evaluate vendor proposals to support SCM for selection of suitable equipment and supplier.
- Follow D-R engineering and drafting standard practices;
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Engineering Manager;
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R products.
B.E. or M.E. in Mechanical Engineering / CAD-CAM or other relevant discipline from renowned institution having minimum 1 to 2 years experience of design, engineering and analysis with compressor or steam turbine manufacturing organization or engineering consultancy company. Should have ability to evaluate client requirements and specifications and be able to translate these to associated products / systems of D-R. Should be familiar with different analytical techniques, 3-D modeling, computerized designing and data communication. Familiarity of component design and functioning of turbo compressors, steam turbines and reciprocating compressors shall be preferred.
Website : http://www.dresser-rand.com
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above