Fortis Hospitals Bangalore-Staff Nurse VacanciesApril 24th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Staff Nurse-Emergency,Ward
No of Openings : 3
Name of the Organization : Fortis Hospitals Ltd
Experience: 1 – 4 Years
Work Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Responsibilities :
- Admits and discharges the patient.
- Maintains personal hygiene and comforts of the patient.
- Attends to the nutritional needs of the patient, pre- pares invalid’s diet and feeds dependent patients.
- Maintains clean and safe environment for the patients.
- Implements and maintains ward policies and routines.
- Co-ordinates patient care with various health team members.
- Follows doctors’ rounds.
- Performs technical task, e.g., administration of medication, assisting doctors in various medical procedures, preparing articles and the patient for medical or nursing procedures, recording vital signs, tube feeding, giving enema, bowel wash dressing, stomach wash, eye and ear care, collection and sending of specimens, pre-and post-operative care. Assists in administration of transfusion, perineal care, breast care, baby care, etc.
- Helps doctors in diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains intake and output chart.
- Observes change in-patient’s condition and records, takes necessary action and reports to the concerned authority.
- Imparts health education to the patient and his/her family.
- Accompanies very ill patients sent to other departments or transferred to other institutions.
- Ward Management
- Hands over and takes over the patient and ward equipment and supply.
- Keeps the Ward neat and tidy.
- Maintains safety of the ward equipment.
- Prepares and checks ward supplies.
- Assists Ward Supervisor/Sister in ward management and officiates in her/his absence. Assists in taking inventories.
- Supervises students and other junior Nursing personnel working with her/him.
- Maintains ward record and reports assigned to her/ him by the sister in charge.
For Details Click