Fortis Hospitals Mumbai- Ward / OT Nurse VacanciesFebruary 2nd, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
Diploma Nursing Job Openings in Mumbai at Fortis Hospital – 2 Feb 2011
Job Position : Nurse-Ward,OT
No of Openings : 10
Name of the Organization : Fortis Hospitals Ltd.
Experience: 1 – 4 Years
Job Location: Mumbai Suburbs
Job responsibilities :
- Admits and discharges the patient.
- Maintains personal hygiene and comforts of the patient.
- Attends to the nutritional needs of the patient, pre- pares invalid’s diet and feeds dependent patients.
- Maintains clean and safe environment for the patients.
- Implements and maintains ward policies and routines.
- Co-ordinates patient care with various health team members.
- Follows doctors’ rounds.
- Performs technical task, e.g., administration of medication, assisting doctors in various medical procedures, preparing articles and the patient for medical or nursing procedures, recording vital signs, tube feeding, giving enema, bowel wash dressing, stomach wash, eye and ear care, collection and sending of specimens, pre-and post-operative care. Assists in administration of transfusion, perineal care, breast care, baby care, etc.
- Helps doctors in diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains intake and output chart.
- Observes change in-patient’s condition and records, takes necessary action and reports to the concerned authority.
- Imparts health education to the patient and his/her family.
- Accompanies very ill patients sent to other departments or transferred to other institutions.
- Ward Management
- Teaches and guides domestic staff.
- Helps in the orientation of new staff.
- Participates in staff education programme.
- Guides student Nurses.
- Ability to comprehend verbal instructions given by the supervisor or head of the department.
- Have an affinity for teamwork.
- Able to work accurately and with minimal supervision.
- Technical skills required for using and maintaining the various equipments and the computer.
- Ability to comprehend written instructions given by the Doctors and the other related departmental personnel.
- Ability to plan & organize ones work schedule effectively.
- Speaking and listening are essential requirements to understand and carry out the instructions given by the supervisors and other related departmental personnel.
Fortis Hospitals Ltd
Mulund Goregaon Link Road