Freshers Front Office Jobs- Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces TrivandrumMay 1st, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
Trivandrum Receptionist / Front office Exec Job opening 2011 in Taj Hotels & Resorts – 1 May 2011
Job Position : Front Office Assistant / Receptionist
Number of Post : 1
Experience : 0 – 2 Years
Job Location : Trivandrum
Job Responsibilities :
- Extend and ensure warm and courteous service to all the guests, the Management and employees of the Hotel
- Be informed on the daily room position
- Have detailed information regarding arrivals, their room requirements and expected departures of the day
- Check on VIP reservations for the day and issue VIP amenities voucher for fruits, flowers and beverages, etc., in consultation with the Manager
- Greet all guests and address them by name whenever you see him/her and ensure all required details like date of departure, address and mode of payment, etc., are filled-in properly on the registration card
- Ensure good ready room according to guest preferences is allotted to the guest and ensure the registration card with the correct rate is given to all guests during check-in
- Ensure that every guest has a smooth and quick check-in
- Ensure all the complaints from the guests are handled delicately and informed to the Manager
- Cross check Housekeeping occupancy report and inform the Manager about discrepancies
- Feed in the data collected from the guest through the registration card/business card, on to the Computer and update guest profiles on a regular basis
- Sell higher priced rooms to the guest by skillful salesmanship (upselling)
- Handle scanty baggage guests very carefully and keep the Housekeeping and Security departments informed about any suspicious incidents
- Ensure that all guest/internal correspondence is filed and maintained systematically
- Ensure all messages are transmitted in time and also that messages are sent to the guests with regard to any requests from them
- Answer all incoming calls for guests in their absence and convey/record all messages
- Handle all guest mail, parcels, telegrams as per laid down procedures
- Keep information aids like time tables, road maps, Hotel guide, etc., handy for guest usage.
- Ensure that the log book is read and signed every day before the shifts
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Candidate should possess presence of mind, must be firm but polite and poised.
- Age Group – 19- 25years
- Should possess basic Computer skills & Internet.
- should be preferably from hospitality background
- Should be willing to take on additional responsibilities and work in a challenging work environment.
Apply : Email ur cv to email@example.com
Email Subject : profile from vfreshers.com
Details of the COompany :
Established in 1903, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia’s largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 56 hotels in 39 locations across India with an additional 18 international hotels in the Maldives, Mauritius, Malaysia, Seychelles, Australia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Rajput palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. The Taj, a symbol of Indian hospitality, has recently completed the centenary of its landmark hotel, Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, Mumbai. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house.
Website : http://www.tajhotels.com/gateway