Freshers Technical Editing Jobs at Mumbai- Packt Publishing Pvt. LtdJuly 22nd, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
Packt Publishing Mumbai is recruiting B.Tech / MCA Freshers as Technical Editors – 22 July 20111
Job Position : Technical Editor
Name of the Organization : Packt Publishing Pvt. Ltd
Experience: 0 – 1 Years
Job Location: Mumbai (Maharashtra)
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. Computers,BCA – Computers,Diploma
- A degree in sciences, math, computers or other related field.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows operating system and standard Windows applications.
- Ability to grasp the gist of new technologies and apply the knowledge while editing books of those technologies.
- Technology savvy.
- Knowledge of Linux and Open Source technologies (but not necessary).
- Ability to work unsupervised, on own initiative.
Job Duties :
- When editing a book, ensure that the author presents the material in a way that benefits the reader.
- Ensure that all the chapters in the book clearly communicate their goals to the reader.
- Ensure consistent approach to material in all areas of the manuscript.
- Verify that content coverage is thorough and balanced and ensure technical accuracy of the content.
- Use valuable resources to make a determination about the content yourself.
- If any part of the text isn’t clear, query the author. It may be that the reader will understand the reference, and the author will tell you so if that is the case. However, the author may be leaving out important information.
- Check and verify all facts, references and illustrations for accuracy and ensure it matches the text and is appropriate.
- Ensure that every text and non-text element is correct.
- Check the code given in the book. Step through all the processes that the author(s) discuss in the chapter in the same order. Confirm that you are able to duplicate all the instructions given by the author(s) without and problems or errors. Flag any issue that occurs and bring it to the notice of the Development
- Apply the Packt styles to the chapters and ensure the formatting is as per the Packt style sheet.
- Check and correct word usage, clarify sentence structure, etc.
- Tackle issues such as traditional grammar, punctuation, house style, and spelling check and ensure the language and grammar aspects are perfect in the chapter.
- Participate in the editorial co-ordination with Development Editor, author, translator and Editorial Manager.
- Ensure the work meets market and audience goals.
- English is a must – written as well as verbal.
- MBA graduates are not required. This job role is only for Graduates.
Job Duties :
The Technical Editor should look into the quality of the book in terms of structure, content, tone, audience, pedagogy, mechanics, formatting, consistency, and code. In a nutshell, the Technical Editor functions as both a reader advocate and an author coach. He or she should make sure that the information is accessible to the intended audience, and at the same time direct the authors and help them reach their highest potential.
Apply : Email ur cv to email@example.com
Email Subject : Profiles from vfreshers.com