General Motors Bangalore-Fresher Design Engineer Openings 2010July 27th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Creative Designer
No of Opening : 1
Experience :0 – 4 Years
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Other Specialization
M.Tech – Other Engineering
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Details :
The Designer in GM Design will be team member of team responsible for designing GM passenger cars from start to finish and will work closely with the Global Design, Product development and marketing teams while developing concepts both for India as well as for Chevrolet Worldwide portfolio.
Job Responsibilities :
- Designs Chevrolet Car Interiors and Exteriors through perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full size sufficient to communicate new ideas
- Develops two and three dimensional mock ups of proposed design solutions
- Designer would be responsible for Design Benchmarking of competition and generate reports.
- Designer would be responsible for delivering exterior and Interior sketches for production program and advance show car projects.
- Designer would be responsible for presenting the concepts orally and visually to Design, Marketing as well and Engineering teams and GM leadership at various stages of product development.
- Designer would be responsible to participate in activities to gauge trends influencing future of vehicle design.
- Designer would be responsible for the development of both production as well as Advance projects with various function involved in New Product Development
- Good Drawing skills and ability to communicate new interior and exterior ideas using sketches.
- Demonstrate exceptional Design judgment.
- Demonstrate ability to translate 2D sketches to 3D models.
- Good understanding of form.
- Potential for creative proficiency in vehicle design projects in Industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and Presentation skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems involve multiple people, functions and conditions.
- Ability to work with teams.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams.
- Knowledge of computers and 3D software like Alias, Showcase to effectively use for functions of product development. High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Designer in this position should have capability to work with immediate supervisors and incorporate review comments in Creative thinking.
- Bachelors in Industrial design, Vehicle design or Transportation Design with 0-4 years of Industry experience
- Masters in Industrial Design, Vehicle design or Transportation Design with 0-2 years of industry experience
- Age 22- 27 years
About Company :
GMTCI is one of the global centre of GM located in Bangalore.
GM Design India is one of the ten studios of GM Design globally. This studio Works on Global Chevrolet portfolio with a special focus towards vehicles designed for India. As a designer for GM India studio you’ll have the opportunity to Design Exterior, Interiors as well as Advance design projects of New and upcoming cars for design led Chevrolet Global Portfolio. GM Design offers a fast-paced environment which nurtures creative thoughts and projects. Our workforce inspires passion for products and develops cars that have emotional appeal for a new generation of consumers. GM Design has the most talented and creative people in the business, where teams of Designers, Sculptors and Engineers work together to design cars made for customer delight.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above