GM India Bangalore Digital Sculptors OpeningsApril 7th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
B.Tech / M.Tech Automobile ngineers Surface Modelers Jobs in GM india – 7 April 2011
About company :
GMTCI is one of the leading technical centre of GM located at Bangalore
Job Position : Digital Sculptors/Surface Modelers
Job Responsibilities :
- Create digital surface models and capture design intent from Design Sketches, concept themes and scan data.
- Should provide alternative proposals and Capture Design Intent creatively
- Deliver production quality surfaces and ensures surface meet GM Global Design Standards in quality and time.
- Ensure Surfaces are Criteria compliant and follow design Intent.
- Participate and contribute in weekly call and use effective escalation for any program related issues.
- Closely work with Team to support workload planning /estimation
- Research, benchmark and make contextual inquiries of the competitor’s vehicles for all aspects of Interior and Exterior
- Coordinate & work collaboratively with design and engineering teams of local and global regions.
- Relevant experience of 1-3 years for PG and 3-6 years for Graduates in surface modeling in product development environment.
- Knowledge and experience in creating surface models using Alias, ICEMSurf, or any other freeform surface modeling tool.
- Should have good knowledge of surface modeling techniques like patch planning, intersection model, proportional modeling etc.
- Good ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing.
- Having design flair to interpret design language, design theme or direction to create the surface models.
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new surface and solid modeling tools.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Sketching, drawing ability preferred.
- Ability to adopt new ideas, influences and quick to react to changing trends & requirements
Experience: 1 – 4 Years
Qualification :B.Tech/B.E. – Other Specialization
M.Tech – Other Engineering
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Website : http://www.gm.com