Godrej & Boyce Ltd Mumbai-Law Officer VacancyJune 4th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Exec / Sr. Exec Legal
Name of the Organization : Godrej & Boyce Mfg.Co. Ltd
About Company :
Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., the holding company of the Godrej Group, started its journey with the manufacture of high quality locks in 1897. Today, we have 15 diverse business divisions offering consumer, office, and industrial products and services of the highest quality to every corner of India and across the globe.
The Godrej Group touches the lives of 400 million Indians who use at least one of our products every single day. Our commitment to quality, attention to detail and customer centricity has helped us earn the trust of generations of Indians.
Experience: 1 – 4 Years
Work Location: Mumbai
qualification : LLB – Law , LLM
Job Responsibilities :
- Drafting of Pleadings under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 & Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and attending Court proceedings and matters related thereto.
- Drafting of Commercial Agreements and Property documents.
- Issue of Notice, filing of suit under Section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act,1881. Appointment of advocates and briefing them. Attending Court proceedings and matters related thereto. Obtaining summons and ensuring effective service. Obtaining bailable/ nonbailable warrants and arranging for there execution against the accused.
- Filing of Summary suit under Order XXXVII, Rule 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908. Serving of legal demand notice, preparation & filing of plaint for recovery of outstanding payment. Interacting with solicitors to get the summons issued and served upon the Defendants. Follow up with Advocate(s)
- Drafting written statement(s) w.r.t claim of recovery filed against the company under section 26 Order VII Rule 1 of Code of Civil Procedure,1908. Appointment of Advocate and briefing them. Discussing the appropriate course of action.
- Filing of Winding up petition under section 433 (e) & (f) read with sections 434 & 439 of the Companies Act, 1956. Preparing Memo of Compromise towards settlement of outstanding payment.
- Drafting of commercial documents like Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Commercial Agreements, Leave and Licence Agreements etc.
- Filing of suit for permanent injunction, passing off, rendition of accounts & delivery up etc. under Trade & Merchandise Marks Act,1958.
- Drafting of Statement of Objections/ written statements etc. towards consumer complaints filed against the Company under the Consumer Protection Act 1986.. Appointment and briefing of Advocates. Filing of appeal against orders of Hon’ble District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum.
- Computer Savvy
- Researching abilities regarding legal issues
- Knowledge on Commercial laws.
- Experience in MRTP matters
Godrej & Boyce Ltd
Corporate Personnel Dept., Plant-11 2nd Floor
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above