Goldman Sachs-Market Risk Analyst Jobs India BangaloreOctober 27th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Analyst Developer-Technology-Market Risk
Experience : 1 – 6 Years
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Java, Unix, Sql, Sybase
Job Responsibilities :
Work with Market Risk Analysis, Risk Modeling, Corporate Risk and Derivatives Analysis groups within MRMA to develop systems for calculating, analyzing, and reporting the Firm’s trading risks. Responsibilities would span full life cycle of development, from initial analysis and requirements gathering with users, through design, development, testing, release and support.
Candidates will have the opportunity to interact with risk analysts, quantitative analysts, and front office technologists and strategists. High profile and mission critical projects will require candidates to become familiar with the underlying businesses and product lines we support, as well as our coding and design standards.
Job Details :
Recent market events have put the spotlight on Risk Management. The Financial Regulators are laying out a new landscape, resulting in a number of large scale, high-profile technology projects, which offer both technical and business challenges.
This role offers the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will provide exposure to the Market Risk Management business as well as related areas (Front-office trading businesses). Because the Market Risk remit encompasses risk management for the entire firm, there is an opportunity to learn about all financial instruments traded by Goldman Sachs.
The Goldman Sachs Market Risk Management function is cutting edge, pushing the boundaries of large-scale grid computing and java caching technologies. The successful candidate will work on the proprietary SecDB platform – a street-leading front-office risk management platform, encompassing an interpreted, scripting language (Slang) and embedded object database.
- At least 3 years of expertise and professional experience in at least one of Java or C++
- Willingness to embrace a proprietary development language (SecDB and Slang)
- Track record of technical excellence with an emphasis on quality and focus on testing and continuous improvements
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Have experience of SQL and relational database technologies such as Sybase or DB2
- Working knowledge and proficiency in software engineering principles applicable to large-scale systems, backed up by real-project implementation experience
- Be hands-on and take ownership of issues to ensure follow-through
- Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working in a global team that both welcomes and challenges new ideas
- Have experience of partnering with clients to deliver benefits to the business
- Strong desire to learn about portfolio risk techniques
- Knowledge of some area of trading or portfolio risk techniques
- Knowledge of large-scale grid computing techniques
- Scripting languages (such as Perl, shell)
- BE/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech from premier institutes
About Company :
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above