Gurgaon Haryana PGDM / MBA Freshers Walkin Interviews on 5/6/7/8 March 2013March 5th, 2013 Posted by Shane
Job Position: Category Associate
Number of Posts: 05
Name of the Company: Virtuos Solution
Job Location: Gurgaon
Experience: 0 to 1 yrs
Salary: INR 1,00,000 – 3,00,000 P.A
- Lead planning and budgeting for buying the merchandise for the assigned categories .
- Provide inputs to Category Head about margin availability for all brands/products (for range as well as SKUs) and seek inputs for the margins prevailing in the market
- Align the buying plan (quantity and timelines) to the overall Category business plan and assortments plan as per the organizational buying policies and implement merchandise plans in the areas of pricing, promotion, assortment and allocation for the assigned SKUs as per display matrix
- Capture merchandise requirements by setting sourcing triggers based on actual sales, sales forecasts, company order parameters, inventory checks, forth coming events, replenishment needs etc and provide inputs to the Category plans
- Ensure growth in the sales and gross margins for assigned Category while adhering to the budgetary guidelines
- Finalize the pricing strategy for specified Category and get approvals for the same from the Category Head.
- Seek inputs from Sales & Operations team for commercial aspects during pricing decisions and specific negotiations
- Assist the Category Head in finalizing the details of various promotional activities related to the assigned product / brand
- Analyse the existing stock levels and liaise with the Marketing team for timely roll out of promotional campaigns to maintain the Zonal / warehouse inventory holding norms as well to achieve targeted sales.
- Identify, evaluate and select appropriate product / vendor mix to achieve business objectives
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers and negotiate the best deals with them for procuring merchandise
- Implement process that allows transparent & standardized transactions with vendors (coordinate with finance team & vendors for reconciliation activities post-delivery)
- Ensure appropriate product availability
- Follow the reverse logistics guidelines as defined in SOPs to send the faulty / damaged goods back to the vendor
- Minimize stock outs occurring on account of delays in the buying process
- Ensure optimum inventory levels are maintained keeping in mind requirements as well as working capital constraints
- Define appropriate setting of credit limit and lead time for buying to ensure availability of products
- Implement financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximize profit and positively contribute to cash flow
- Leverage the available interface between the stores, warehouses and the Category team for regular exchange of information to facilitate business decisions
- Monitor and track the payments to the vendors in a timely and accurate fashion
- Coordinate with the Category Management team to evaluate the quality of vendor products during the selection stage if required
- Review the effectiveness of Merchandising Planning and performance of Category buying plans by using appropriate scorecard for measuring performance at regular intervals and establish a merchandising trends database based on historical data
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in buying and discuss the same with the Category Head from time to time to assess realignment of existing processes
- Support training and development team in content development
- Freshers who are interested in Books, Movies and Music are highly preffered or
- Candidates with experience of categories like Electronics, Mobiles, IT, Books, Movies & Music with Ecommerce background.
- Strong analytical skills with structured thinking, good understanding of Indian supply chain scenario.
- Very strong communication skills, ability to streamline and implement planning processes with team management capabilities
- Experience in warehouse operations, retailing, inventory planning and management
- Ability to handle business relationships with suppliers & negotiate partnerships
- Good understanding of procurement especially in an un-organized product categories
- Strong MS Excel Skills
276, Udyog Vihar
Walkin Date: 5-8 March 2013