IBM-Jobs For Software Developer in PuneJune 4th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
IBM has been present in India since 1992 and has established itself as one of the leaders in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry. IBM India has seen double-digit growth over the last five years, spurred by the stabilization of the Indian economic environment and also by IBM’s own efforts to grow and transform its business in the country. IBM India has over 38,500 employees as of January 1, 2006 and is India’s largest MNC employer. Global Services Delivery center (GSDC) IBM Global Services India’s Global Service Delivery Center (GSDC) is a big leap forward in the execution of IBM’s stated strategy: to offer On-Demand Services competitively to our clients on a global basis.
Job Position : Software Engineer – Level 2 Technical Support – ISL
Experience : 0 – 5 Years
Work Location : Pune
Job Responsibilities :
- Level two Technical Support Engineers needed to work with our team in the Pune (INDIA) office to perform remote customer support of IBM Tivoli software, hardware and solutions in the areas of intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, firewalls, and vulnerability scanning.
- Technical skills and knowledge needed in areas of: network troubleshooting, Windows troubleshooting, network devices, TCP/IP, Unix, firewalls, VPNs, VMWare, and SQL.
- Provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution.
- Create and communicate action plans to the customer, partner or IBM representatives.
- Recommend and implement new or improved technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Provide training and mentor others on the team.
- Contribute to our high level of customer satisfaction and other organizational objectives.
- Keep customer abreast of problem status, set clear expectations, and provide timely follow-up on a daily basis.
- Document all communications with customers and interdepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to resolve or escalate to next level.
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing and escalation of reported problems to next level of support or development.
- Assist customers with their IBM Tivoli software and hardware deployments. Also assist services, sales and business partners in the field for Proof Of Concepts and product demos as well as existing customer installations.
- Minimum 16 years of education required
- Total 0 to 10 years of work experience required
- Aix / Unix / Linux Administration
- Networking / TCP / IP troubleshooting
- Knowledge of any DBMS
- Intrusion detection & prevention
- firewalls and vulnerability scanning.
Website : https://jobs3.netmedia1.com/cp/search.jsp?trac=hp_in&jobati
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above