Indian Overseas Bank 2011 Freshers PO VacanciesFebruary 10th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
IOB Freshers Recruitment 2011 for 1000 Posts of PO – 10 Feb 2011
Indian Overseas Bank
763 , Anna Salai
Advt No. : HRDD/RECT/ 01/2011
Job Details : Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Probationary Officer in Junior Management
Grade Scale – I.
Job Position : Probationary Officers
No of Posts : 1000
Educational Qualifications: (As on 01.01.2011):
1. Graduation from a recognised university with minimum 60% Marks.(For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC category minimum 55% Marks)
2. Computer literacy shall be an essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess before or acquire within six months of joining the Bank.
3. Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is a desirable qualification besides the above entry level qualification.
Candidates are advised to only enter percentage of marks in the online application form. Where no percentage of mark is awarded by the University, but only CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, candidates are advised to convert the same into percentage and enter only the percentage of marks.
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2011):
Minimum: 21 Years and Maximum: 30 Years
The candidates who have completed the age of 21 years as on 01.01.2011 and not completed 30 years as on 01.01.2011 are eligible to apply. Relaxation in maximum age for SC/ST/OBC/PC/Ex Servicemen will be as per Government’s Guidelines.
Scale of pay :
Rs.14500 – 600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700 plus DA, HRA, CCA as per rules in force from time to time.
How To Apply :
Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ONLINE’ only through our website www.iob.in and no other means/ mode of application will be acceptable. Candidates are advised to follow the following sequence of steps while applying online.
Candidates are required to have a valid e-mail ID. It should be kept active for the duration of this recruitment process. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person.
In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her e-mail ID before applying on-line.
1. Log on to our Bank’s webiste www.iob.in and click “Career” column (available at the top of the bank’s website), then the Career page will open.
2. Go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) or Advertisement (Hindi) available in the Career Page and ensure candidate’s eligibility to apply for the said post.
3. Take print out of Payment Receipt by clicking Download Payment Receipt available in the Career Page.
4. Remit the application fee/postages as applicable to the candidate with the filled up Payment Receipt in any of Indian Overseas Bank branches by means of cash only and collect candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt for the application fee paid. Please ensure that the following information has been correctly entered (1) Branch Name & Code Number (2) Transaction ID (3) Date of deposit and amount
5. Again logon to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and open the Career Page. Click apply online. Then online application will open. Fill up all the details required in the application and click “Submit” button available at the bottom of the online application and online application will be registered. A Registration Number and Password will appear for your online registration immediately on the screen. This can be used only for taking printout of the online application registered by the candidates for their records and candidates should not send the printout of the online application to the Bank.
6. There is a provision to modify the submitted On Line Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct their details in the On Line Application, if any. This modification facility will be available upto 03.03.2011. After this date no modification will be permitted. Candidate should take utmost care while filling the On Line Application.
For the purpose of locating the Branch address for remitting fees, candidate may log on to our Bank website www.iob.in wherein provision is available for locating address of the Branches.
Candidates should submit the candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt along with the call letter at the time of written examination failing which the candidate will not be admitted for the written examination.
The payment of fees should be made between 08.02.2011 and 01.03.2011 (inclusive of both dates) and the last date for applying online is 01.03.2011. Application for online registration will be available in our Bank’s website between 08.02.2011 and 01.03.2011 only. Even if the last date for online application is revised the dates for payment of application fees/ postage will remain unchanged
Applications once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and application fee/ postages once paid shall not be refunded or shall not be held in reserve for any other examination.
Application fee (including postage charge) non refundable
(a) For SC/ST/ Physically Challenged – Rs 50/ (For Postage)
(b) For all others (including OBC) – Rs.400/- (350+50 For Postage)
Application Fee has to be paid in cash only at any Branch of Indian Overseas Bank before applying online
Important Dates :
Opening date for online registration : 8th Feb 2011
Closing date for online registration : 1st March 2011
Payment of Application Fee/ Postage : 8th Feb 2011 to 1st March 2011
Tentative Date of Written Examination : 22nd May 2011 (Sunday)
For Complete Details Click : http://www.iob.in/careers.aspx