Job Vacancies For Advocate in Mumbai-International Justice MissionJune 11th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Advocate
Name of the Organization : International Justice Mission
Experience: 0 – 4 Years
Work Location: Mumbai
Qualification : LLB , LLM
- A law degree is required and relevant work experience is preferred. Applicants should possess excellent legal research and writing skills, a knowledge of Microsoft Suite Software and Windows 2000/XP,
- Knowledge of written and spoken English, Hindi and Marathi languages.
- Applicants should also possess basic soft skills such as mature judgment, professional presentation skills, strong ethic of service, flexibility, and reliability.
Job Responsibilities :
- Advocates manage and litigate an active caseload of criminal cases in Mumbai and report to the Legal Director.
- Advocates must research and write extensively on issues of procedure, evidence, and substantive law. This position is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and requires periodic travel throughout India.
- Advocates will be required to manage cases, prepare written briefs, develop litigation plans, appear in courts, attend meetings, maintain relationships with local contacts and government leaders, and conduct trainings.
- Experience preferred but not mandatory
About Company :
Established in 1997
14 field offices, located in Bolivia, Guatemala, India, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia
2 casework alliance offices, located in Peru and Honduras
Headquartered in Washington, DC
270 staff (90 percent are nationals of the countries in which they work)
Apply : Email ur cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject : Profiles from vfreshers.com