Job Vacancy of Technical Editor Mumbai-Cactus CommunicationsSeptember 3rd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Technical Editor
Experience : 0 – 5 yrs
Name of the Organization : Cactus Communications Pvt Ltd.
Qualification :M.sc, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geology, Electrical, Electronics/ Telecommunications, Instrumentation, writing
Job Details :
Were currently looking for a Sub-Editor in the fields of physical and engineering sciences to join our highly esteemed editorial team. This role provides an opportunity for those with a facility for the language and the necessary qualifications to work within a dynamic and successful English communications company.
Job Responsibility :
As a Sub-Editor, you will be primarily responsible for editing scientific and non-scientific manuscripts in physical and engineering sciences disciplines, in order to make them ready for publication. This involves ensuring that a document is grammatically correct, logical, well structured, and coherent. From time to time, you may also be required to comment on the content of manuscripts. Your work will be reviewed by a senior editor on an assignment basis and by a quality expert on a periodic basis.
- candidates must have excellent written-English skills.
- must be comfortable with editing documents of various types journal articles, presentations, speeches, reviews, theses, etc.under tight deadlines.
- Effective time-management skills and receptiveness to feedback will ensure swift career progression.
- Prior experience in English editing, writing, content development, or English-language instruction will be given preference.
- The candidate should at least hold a master s degree in physical sciences or engineering.
Our remuneration will be commensurate with industry standards and in keeping with the experience of the candidate.
About company :
We are Cactus Communications, a company dedicated to providing high-quality written English solutions to clients worldwide. We began operations in April 2002 with a team of five, providing editing services; we are now a team of 200 and our services span editing, transcription, education & medical communication.
Cactus has ranked in the Top 100 Companies To work for in India in a survey conducted by the Great Places to Work Institute in 2010. It has also featured amongst top 15 Exciting Emerging Companies To Work For in a survey conducted by NASSCOM.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with TimesJobs.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT TIMESJOBS.COM and then apply above