Life Sciences Fresher Job Chennai-Thomson ReutersFebruary 6th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world”s businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media & News, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevent, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe.
Job Position : Assistant Manager – Life sciences
Experience : 1 – 6 Years
Qualification : B.Sc, M.Sc – Bio-Chemistry
Work Place : Chennai
Job Responsibilities :
- Supervises the activities and staff of Life Science team ensuring quantity, quality, and timeliness goals are met.
- Recommends procedural changes to improve productivity and quality
- Responsible for development and counseling of Life Science staff
- Provides input into hiring, promotional decisions, and training plans
- Prepares production and administrative reports as needed
- Performs the work of the Life Science processing staff
- Monitors departmental workflow
- Answers editorial policy queries
- Postgraduate degree in the Life/biological sciences, for example, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology.
- Mentoring & coaching skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Sound knowledge of the process