LLB Fresher Legal Editor Jobs- EBC PublishingJuly 25th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
EBC Publishing Pvt. Ltd. NCR Delhi Lucknow is hiring Law Graduate / Post Graduate Freshers as Legal Editors – 25 July 2011
Job Position : Legal Editor
Name of the Organization : EBC Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
Experience: 0 Years / Fresher
Job Location: Delhi, Lucknow, Noida
Qualification : LLB , LLM
- Strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills
- Exceptional editorial judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to interpret, analyse, organise, and communicate complex legal material
- Understanding of editorial production process and requirements
- Exceptional knowledge of research tools, online portals, print digests and indexes
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and has familiarity with word processing and on-line applications
- Ability to prioritise tasks/projects
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment
Job Duties :
- Reviewing and selecting manuscripts for publication
- Editing manuscripts for 1) content (syllabus etc for textbooks) 2) legal accuracy, 3) organisation of content, 4) readability, 5) correctness of style
- Reviewing competition publications to suggest improvements in publications
- Suggesting changes and improvements in a manuscript for the author to incorporate
- Meeting deadlines consistently
- Working with other team members to effectively plan and execute a publication
- Remaining updated on course information and teaching methodology, and key areas of legal practice to suggest improvements in manuscripts
- Maintains and develops legal knowledge and skills, self training as required to complete work and stay current on legal trends and developments.
Job Details :
Structure – The editor is assigned two to four publications and is responsible for the content and production of each of the publications.
Function – Evaluate the organisational and content requirements of manuscripts and to provide legal input in the form of research, structure, analysis, and writing to support the development of manuscripts, and ensure that published legal information contains and delivers premium legal content; subsequently, to follow through with each assigned publication and support other team members to ensure that the publication is produced as desired and on target.
Key Interactions – The editor reports to and works closely with his or her managing editor.
This position is the entry level for legal editors. It begins as a training position where all work is reviewed at first, but the review decreases as the work is found to consistently meet quality standards. A Legal Editor should remain in this position for no more than 2 years. As the individual progresses, the Legal Editor will demonstrate the ability to work more independently. After the first year, it is expected that the employee will begin to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of editorial functions primarily through the ability to determine the nature of, and resolve routine problems.
Details of the Organization :
Established in 1942, the Eastern Book Company (EBC) Group is the intellectual giant in Indian law publishing, with offices in several Indian cities. It is run by a unique combination of highly qualified legal, managerial and information technology professionals, who have acquired their expertise, across generations, from the leading universities and institutes of India, Asia, North America and Britain.
EBC publishes a wide range of legal commentaries, student texts, law reports and digests, and its products include pioneering works both in the print and electronic medium. With a list of over 550 authoritative and well known titles, it is well recognised for its contribution to legal literature worldwide.
Apply : Email ur cv to email@example.com
Email Subject : Profile from vfreshers.com