Logistics Job Vacancy at Mumbai- General MillsFebruary 8th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
General Mills Mumabi Job Opening For Distribution Officer – 8 Feb 2011
Job Position : Logistics Deployer
No of Opening : 1
Name of the Organization : General Mills
Experience: 1 – 5 Years
Job Location: Mumbai, Mumbai Suburbs
Job Responsibilities :
- Deploy finished good product from General Mills manufacturing facilities to the dry network distribution centers. The position requires monitoring inventory levels at every General Mills location every day; creating, or adjusting replenishment requisitions as necessary to attain 99% case fill for General Mills customers within acceptable cost parameters.
- To assist the Minneapolis-based Deployment Team Leaders in identifying, communicating, and either preventing potential risks or capitalizing on cost opportunities, regarding customer service as well as Transportation and Warehousing cost drivers.
- Review system generated service alerts daily. Take necessary actions to maintain a consistent service level across all General Mills distribution centers (CSFs) maintaining a goal of 99% case-fill within the constraints of national inventory position and cost expectations.
- Review actual inventory movement vs. forecast to proactively react to trends.
- Proactively communicate to General Mills CSF planners on shortages that cannot be covered.
- Maintain inventory levels at all CSFs within expected tolerances.
- Adjust deployment requisitions to assure a smooth and steady flow of product to the CSFs.
- Use Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) to gain knowledge and understanding of General Mills’ business and distribution network. These include case-fill, repositioning, mode mix, etc.
- Understand key drivers of KPIs to be able to explain variances in performance.
- Familiarity with SAP system functionality preferred
- Advanced MS Office computer skills preferred (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess strong analytical abilities.
- Should be detail oriented and adaptable to rapidly changing business situations.
- Should possess the ability and willingness to multi-task
- Highly organized and motivated with good prioritization skills.
About Company :
General Mills is the home of championship people. We are the world’s 5th largest manufacturer and marketer of consumer foods products, with annual worldwide net sales of more than $15 billion. General Mills ranks as the 4th most reputable company in the United States and the 11th most reputable company in the world in 2008 reputation research published by Forbes. Fortune magazine has rated General Mills (rank no. 58) as 100 Best companies to work for in 2011 and we have ranked at #7 by Training Magazine. Our global brand portfolio includes Pillsbury, Cheerios, Wheaties, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Colombo, Nouriche, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Pop-Secret, Chex, Totino’s, Progresso, and more. It is General Mills strategy to deliver competitively superior service, cost and innovation to our customers.
Alpha 8th flr, Main Street Hiranandani Gardens,
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above