MBA Fresher Graduate ResumeAugust 23rd, 2009 Posted by VFreshers
Resume Tips for an MBA Fresher Graduate to Write an effective Resume
Firstly, let us look at the tips for an MBA graduate who is drafting his first resume.
- Keep the objective short and crisp. See that your education and experience immediately stand out to the reader
- Do not exaggerate. Less is more in this case. State the facts and facts only. In case you fib you will be caught at the interview or during the time of the reference check.
- Prioritize your skills and knowledge. Do this according to the industry that you are applying for.
- Keep a check on the keywords. Lots of online recruiters filter the resumes using keywords. Hence, if your resume has the keywords it will have a chance of reaching the recruiter’s desk.
- Chunk the information that you have to convey. Do not fit it all into one big infinite paragraph. Use bullets to make it easier for the reader to sift through the important points.
- Focus on the field that you are applying for and see whether what your resume states matches with what the recruiter is looking for.
- Proof read and edit what you have written. Use the spell checker. This will enable you to send across the best first impression ever.
- Do not waste precious space on hobbies and interests. Rather than that highlight your skills and what value-addition you can get to the company.
- Keep in mind that your resume is going to be one among a huge pile of MBA graduates. Right to stand out by being as unique, different and innovative as possible. The aim of the resume is to get you a call for an interview wherein you can prove your mettle in the face to face round. Get the interviewer interested in meeting you by arousing his interest in you as a candidate.
- Follow the specific structure and format for the resume. Recruiters have got used to a particular format and they look for the information in that order. Time is precious for them and if they have to go hunting for the information in your resume there is more of a likelihood of them losing interest and chucking your resume aside. Once a chance is lost, it is gone forever.
This leads us to the second phase of this article which is a template for a resume. Create one for yourself and store it so that you can use it several times after making minor changes.
Sample Functional Resume Format for an MBA Fresher Graduate
S0125, Wellington Estate
Entry Level executive position to hone business management skills and contribute to the company
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of many areas of sales and marketing
- Ability to execute ideas effectively
- Enjoy with clients and in teams
Skills & Accomplishments:
- Communicate effectively
- Team building and leadership qualities
- Interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Proficient with MS word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Project
- MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad having specialized in Sales and Marketing.(2007-2009)
- PG Diploma in Marketing from Mumbai University (2006)
- BA in Economics from Calcutta University (2004)
- Interned with a Global Bank during the summers of 2007 and 2008 in their Sales and Marketing department.
- Worked with an NGO during 2005 – 2006
References and Portfolio:
Available on Request