Mumbai Fresher Project Coordinator Jobs – Packt PublishingMay 11th, 2013 Posted by Shane
Job Position: Project Coordinator
Name of the Company: Packt Publishing Pvt. Ltd
Job Location: Mumbai
Experience: 0 to 4 yrs
Salary: INR Less Than 50,000 – 2,00,000 P.A
- Take ownership of the book timeline, which is agreed between AE and the Author.
- Liaise with AEs, DEs, Authors, TRs, and TEs to reinforce book timelines by making sure that chapters are delivered and reviewed by their deadlines.
- Issue author contracts from the standard template based on the outcome of the negotiation between AEs and Authors, and ensure the timely receipt of signed contracts.
- Manage the reviewing process, including forwarding chapters to Reviewers, chasing up late reviews, and informing the AEs and DEs of received reviews.
- Be proactive and creative in identifying potential problems with resources and timelines and liaising with the relevant people to take appropriate action to solve these problems. Inform the EM in a timely manner of problems that require his intervention.
- Ensure Authors are paid on time upon the receipt of invoices.
- Order Author and reviewer copies.
- Produce a weekly report for team, explaining planned versus actual and identifying problems and required action.
- Work with the PTL and EM to develop the PC role to help improve the editorial process.
- As a future development of the role, the PC may be asked to conduct contract negotiations with Authors, in liaison with the AEs. Editors would agree an overall budget for a book in terms of advances and royalties, and the PC would negotiate with the authors to secure the most mutually acceptable sharing.
- Excellent communication skills. Good command of written English, and ability to influence contacts through the written word.
- Team worker, open and proactive communication with colleagues.
- Highly organised. Ability to plan, manage, and complete projects to time.
- Multi-tasking, having the ability to coordinate and manage several projects simultaneously
- Basic IT skills of using the internet, email, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Willingness to continually learn and to improve the way we do things.
Details of the Company:
Packt is a fast growing international IT book publishing company based in Birmingham, UK and Mumbai, India. We are at the cutting edge of innovation in publishing with a unique strategy of publishing highly focused books on new and ground breaking technologies.
Contact Number: 022-32260304
Apply: Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Saumya Gupta