Network Operations Engineer Vacancies Delhi-Salesforce.comOctober 24th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Network Operations Center Engineer
Job Details :
This candidate will be a member of the Corporate IT organization where they will focus on maintaining salesforce.com’s (SFDC) applications, corporate server, data and voice infrastructure. The Corporate IT organization at SFDC supports 24 offices and over 2500 employees worldwide. This position will give the candidate an understanding of how a cutting edge IT organization deploys scalable and secure technologies to manage explosive growth. The ideal candidate will provide management and monitoring services, as well as communications and incident management services. The efficient and stable operation of our infrastructure is crucial in maintaining the high availability and performance of the IT infrastructure. The Network Operations Center Engineer will be the cornerstone of our continued efforts in the direction of high availability and performance. After the initial training period, this position will be staffed during off-hours in our San Mateo, CA office.
- Maintain documented designs, configurations, and diagrams for the company’s technology infrastructure
- Monitor ISP connections, firewalls, and VPN gateways
- Maintain network security strategies, procedures and documentation
- Troubleshoot end-user network and voice issues
- Assist in rolling out and troubleshooting call center agent phones
- Analyze systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service
- Formulate and implement monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to network management
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation on a periodic basis; this requires functional knowledge of all salesforce.com production systems and subsystems outside of the networking layer in order to provide on-call support.
- Identify and resolve hardware/software problems on any of the internal corporate Unix/Windows/Linux systems.
- Perform systems analysis and trending to proactively predict and detect system errors, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality.
- Respond to VMWARE errors and warnings
- Minimum 1+ years of network infrastructure administration
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CCNA or CCDA certification
- Experience with high-performance, high-availability networks
- Knowledge of standard management platforms such as Sunnet Manager, HP Openview, IBM Tivoli, etc
- Knowledge of SNMP, MIB, SNMP Traps, SNMP Communities
- Knowledge of Management Software Integration such as Trap Console, Whats Up, etc
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely; superior analytical problem-solving skills; adept at root-cause analysis and mitigation
- Ability to work independently while being conscious of how your work interacts with that of others
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize effectively
- Solid understanding of IP networking; understands encapsulation, addressing, routing, switching, service and application protocols, VPNs, troubleshooting, monitoring, performance management, scalability, high availability, and client/server systems
- audit/compliance requirements (SOX, ISO)
- Basic understanding of BGP, exterior and enterprise routing issues, BGP configuration, and ISP related issues
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Firewall/security experience (access control list (ACL) management., secure remote management practices, IDS, etc.)
- 1 year RedHat Enterprise Linux and Solaris systems administration experience in a 50+ servers environment, with hands on experience managing OS/security patches, OS upgrades and printer queues
- Experience building and configuring systems to support web services (Apache, http, SSL, etc.), and databases (Oracle, Oracle Financials, etc.), Oracle RMAN.
- Experience supporting single sign-on technologies
- Experience supporting VMware ESX server
- Experience administering NetApp Filer storage products
- Experience configuring/supporting mid-range to high-end SAN storage solutions (HDS, EMC), SAN fabrics (Brocade/Cisco), and storage multi-pathing (MPxIO, DMP)
- Ability to rapidly learn new monitoring software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development
- Experience or exposure to networking for high-availability systems solutions / architectures (SunCluster, Veritas Cluster, etc.)
- Perl and/or Shell scripting skills
Experience : 1 – 5 Years
Job Location : Delhi
About Company :
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company.
Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning customer relationship management (CRM), has revolutionised the ways that customers manage and share business information over the Internet. Salesforce.com has evolved from a startup founded by four people in a cramped San Francisco apartment ten years ago to a company described by Barron’s as “the fastest growing business software company in the world”. With more than 3,500 employees, over $1B in annual revenues, and over 1.5 million users worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes, in all industries, around the globe. According to Gartner, 25% of all software will be deployed via the cloud computing model by 2011.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above