Network Services Job Careers-Convergys MumbaiApril 23rd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Technician IV
Name of the Organization : CONVERGYS India Services Pvt Ltd
About Company :
Convergys Corporation is a global leader in providing customer care, human resources, and billing services. Convergys combines specialized knowledge and expertise with solid execution to deliver outsourced solutions, consulting services, and software support. Clients in more than 70 countries speaking nearly 35 languages depend on Convergys to manage the increasing complexity and cost of caring for customers and employees. Convergys serves the world’s leading companies in many industries including communications, financial services, technology, and consumer products.
Convergys is a member of the S&P 500 and a Fortune Most Admired Company. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Convergys has approximately 74,000 employees in 77 customer contact centers, three data centers, and other facilities in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Experience: 1 – 3 Years
Work Location: Mumbai
- Should have good technical knowledge with regards to IT Ops management.
- relevant experience in Monitoring of Tech infrastructure, Inventory management, Incident management,
- Experience in resolving customer queries.
- Access management.
- Assist all end users with general computer operation and desktop application software questions and problems.
- Troubleshoot end user PC problems of all complexity, often requiring in-depth examination of underlying PC, OS, configurations, application software and extensive research.
- Responsible for troubleshooting applications conforming with protocol layers with the appropriate applications group to troubleshoot and resolve.
- Basic Server administration to include user account administration, backups, and non complex application software administration
- System administration and programming of Voice PBX and adjuncts, including day to day installation of phone sets, moving extensions, configuring call appearance, and setting up voice mail.
- Install and maintain customer provided equipment at a component level (i.e. modem, circuit pack).
- Ensure that peripheral ACD/PBX applications are working appropriately (i.e. VRU, Predictive Dialer, Voice Mail, and CMS).
- Schedule and complete any hardware and or software upgrades to ACD and PBX switches.
- Install and maintain facility wiring infrastructure .
- Analyze symptoms for accurate isolation of customer and network problems.
- Identify and resolve customer access issues.
- Assist data network group in problem analysis of intermediate network problems. Enough knowledge to independently troubleshoot basic problems and resolve some.
- Supervised installation and maintenance of CSU/DSU for data connectivity, modems, data switches, voice and data multiplexing equipment and circuit and station circuit packs on the PBX and ACD switches.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of all hardware and software.
- Actively contribute to departmental troubleshooting and support databases.
- When Technician IV is senior tech at site, initiate appropriate change control communication.
- Provide leadership to other Technicians in managing events in a control center environment; act as mentor to Technician III and below.
- Provide end user departments with system pricing and ordering assistance as required and initiate order activity with vendor via corporate purchasing.
- Coordinate system level, complex, or integrated installation, maintenance and order activities with vendors.
- Coordinate with external clients for new install or changes to project technical infrastructure.
- Determine priority of action based on severity of service disruptions and respond appropriately.
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections of assigned equipment.
- Refer high level escalations and emergency restoral actions to supervisor and lead techs.
- Solve complex technical problems exercising initiative and judgment.
- Provide on-call technical support via pager as required.
- Work Vantive trouble tickets and service requests as assigned by manager.
- Make necessary independent decisions to correct errors or discrepancies in trouble tickets as required. Resolve problems through interaction with internal and external groups as needed.
- Overtime may be required with little or no notice.
Apply : Email ur cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject : Profiles from vfreshers.com