Novartis-Publication Writer Job Vacancies HyderabadNovember 10th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About Company :
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Job Position : Publication Writer
Experience : 1 – 3 Years
Qualification : MBBS – Medicine
M.Sc – Any Specialization
Job Location : Hyderabad / Secunderabad
Job Responsibilities :
- To support Global Publications group by preparing high quality manuscripts, abstracts and other communication tools (slide presentations, posters…etc) for publication in scientific/medical journals or for presentations in scientific/Health Authority meetings based on clinical study reports, other clinical documentation (e.g. reports of meta-analyses and clinical summary documents) and general scientific/medical literature.
- Working from clinical study reports and other documentation prepare publications reporting results of clinical trials – may include performing literature searches to support introduction/discussion sections of papers.
- Perform quality control (QC) checking on manuscripts written by other members of the publication group. Proof-read and support the preparation of posters/slide presentations.
- Liaise with and support Global publication managers to schedule production of publications and to obtain manuscript scope and messages (manuscript brief).
- Liaise with and support other members of the team to receive and incorporate feedback on draft publications.
- Liaise with and support other members of the team to liaise with publication manager and/or medical/scientific journals to organize submission of publications.
- Work with internal contributors to deal with feedback from peer reviewers.
- Produce high quality figures and tables from statistical outputs.
- Comply with and support group’s standards, policies and initiatives.
- Higher degree (PhD/MD) desirable but MSc/MPH in life science/public health, MSc in pharmacy, or medical graduate (MBBS) or equivalent biomedical education acceptable with publication experience
- At least 1 year experience of medical writing including publications.
- Demonstrate a clear, concise scientific style with attention to details.
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation.
- Research or clinical experience in immunology, vaccinology or microbiology.
- Proven ability to work under tight timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Familiarity with preparing tables and figures using SAS outputs and spreadsheets. Good knowledge of word processing, statistical programs and literature/document management software.
- Intense literature searching capabilities.