Openings For Network Administrator in Tata Communications ChennaiApril 21st, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Executive – Networks
Name of the Organization : Tata Communications
About Company :
Tata Communications Limited along with its global subsidiaries (Tata Communications) is a leading global provider of the new world of communications. The company leverages its Tata Global Network, vertical intelligence and leadership in emerging markets, to deliver value-driven, globally managed solutions to the Fortune 1000 and mid-sized enterprises, service providers and consumers.
The Tata Global Network encompasses one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, connectivity to more than 200 countries across 300 PoPs and more than one million square feet data center space. Tata Communications serves its customers from its offices in 80 cities in 40 countries worldwide. Tata Communications has a strategic investment in South African operator Neotel, providing the company with a strong anchor to build an African footprint.
Becoming the leading integrated provider to drive and deliver a new world of communications, Tata Communications became the unified global brand for VSNL, VSNL International, Teleglobe, Tata Indicom Enterprise Business Unit and CIPRIS on February 13, 2008.
Tata Communications Ltd. is a part of the $29 billion Tata Group; it is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: TCL).
Experience: 1 – 3 Years
Work Location: Chennai
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E.,Diploma
- Bachelors degree/ Diploma in computer science or related fields.
- Certifications : CCNA preferred.
- Adequate exposure to various security products/solutions such VPN, IPSEC, SSL, SSH, firewalls, anti-x, IDS/IPS, PKI vulnerability and penetration testing tools.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Adequate documentation skills.
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Create and maintain process and system documentation
- 1 to 3 Years of total experience in IT/security support role.
- Experience in NOC/SOC/24X7 environment preferred.
- Work with the various monitoring tools and systems in the Security Engineeringcenter.
- Directly communicates with the customer technical contact to assist in understanding of the resolution process.
- Responsible for documentation of the resolution and for closure of trouble tickets.