Patent Agent Biotech Jobs-Novo Nordisk India BangaloreMarch 30th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Patent Agent/Patent Attorney – Biotech
Name of the Organization : Novo Nordisk India Pvt.Ltd
About company :
Novo Nordisk is a US $9 billion healthcare company and an acclaimed world leader in diabetes care. With more than 29,000 employees in 76 countries, diversity is a key word at Novo Nordisk. The company products in the areas of diabetes, growth hormone therapy, haemostasis management, and hormone replacement therapy are marketed in 179 countries. Novo Nordisk’s Global Patent Unit in India, which is based in Bangalore, is a part of the Company’s global patent organization, which has an innovative mindset and ambitious growth plans. Due to continued growth, we are looking to expand the Bangalore Team.
Experience: 1 – 3 Years
Work place : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Qualification : M.Sc – Bio-Chemistry, Biology
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in drafting office action responses, preferably in the biotechnology area.
- Some Patent database searching experience, preferably related to pharmaceutical IP areas is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of patent docketing procedures and systems will be a valuable plus.
- A Master’s degree or a Ph.D. in Biotechnology or Bioscience covering one or more of the areas listed below:
- Protein engineering/ Biochemistry, preferably with deeper knowledge in one or more of Immunology/ Molecular Biology/ Diabetes Biology/ Protein Science.
- A Registered Patent Agent licensed to practice in front of the Indian Patent Office.
- strong skills in written and spoken English.
Job Details :
The successful candidate upon selection will be offered a solid regimen of training/work opportunities to further develop into a seasoned, full fledged patent professional.
Job Responsibilities :
- Prosecute worldwide patent applications related to pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices.
- Assist a team of Patent Information Specialists (PIS) in delivering various prior art searches, such as novelty, freedom of operation, invalidity, and opposition searches.
- Work actively with the Attorneys in the Global Patent Organization and assist them in identifying and securing valuable intellectual property (IP) from potential license partners for the Company.
- Where appropriate, and depending upon the skill level, prepare patent applications.