PCS Technology Chennai Walkin Interview-Service Desk Jobs-2/3 November 2010November 1st, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Service Desk / Asset Executive
No of Openings : 10
Name of the Organization : PCS Technology
Experience: 1 – 3 Years
Job Location: Chennai
Salary : Rupees 60,000 – 1,75,000
Job responsibilities :
- Responds to Tier I support requests via multiple sources such as phone and email. Enters call data into the tracking system. Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- The Service desk will make every effort to resolve the issue at the time of the service call itself. (First Time Resolution) This will be the initial method of resolving issues.
- Documents incident/problem status and resolution in tracking log. Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Works with basic infrastructure products and basic networking products. Provides maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, network and physical moves.
- Keeps him/herself abreast with technologies (HW & SW) deployed at Client at Chennai Office.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and demonstrates commitment to achieve SLA goals of the team
- Follow the ISO standards followed by the Client IT team and show the capabilities towards continuous improvement.
- Asset Management – The IT Service Desk is responsible for maintaining and managing the current technology inventory, including the software loaded on all Client computers.
- Vendor Management – work with support vendors and coordinate for the vendor support.
- Provide necessary help for the computer disposal process as per the Bank’s disposal guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of information systems technology to include common computer applications, operating systems, hardware, networks, and messaging systems of the types used at CLIENT Chennai Office.
- Strong Hands-on experience in the area Service Desk and Asset Management techniques.
- Proven experience in the asset management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management OR related field or equivalent experience of 3 years.
- Min 1 year experience in a technical environment or in the area of customer support in a technology environment similar to CLIENT Chennai Office
- Industry certifications like A+ and ITIL Foundation preferred
Started in the year 1983, PCS Technology ( www.pcstech.com ) is a 80 million dollar company today. Headquartered in Mumbai, India, we have our presence in 22 offices across India and 5 offices across the globe. Armed with the know-how to improve business performance across organizational silos, business processes, technology platforms and a keen understanding of the client requirements, our solutions focus on delivering competitive business advantage and increased ROI for all our clients. We undertake Offshore Software Development and also do IT Staff Augmentation, to provide extended flexibility to our clients. We offer our range of products, solutions and services across the world through an International branch network in USA, Africa and UAE.
Walkin Date : 2nd Nov to 3rd Nov
Walkin Venue :
Pcs Technology Limited
No.97, Harrington Road