Power Grid Corporation of India-Electrical / Finance Executive Trainee Vacancies 2010February 10th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Western Region Transmission System-I
Website : http://www.powergridindia.com
B-9, Qutab Institutional Area,
Advt. No. 01/2010
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids.
POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having a Gross Asset Base of more US $ 8 billion and yearly turn over of more than US $ 1.2 billion.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors is offering consultancy services at National and International level.
POWERGRID has taken lead role and is making valuable contribution in Govt. Of India’s nation
building schemes of Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (APDRP)) and Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikararn Yojana (RGGVY).
During the XI Plan, POWERGRID envisages an investment of about Rs.55,000 crore for further
developing National Grid including inter-regional transmission systems, transmission system for
evacuation of power from generation projects under central sector and Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPPs).
Job Details : Power Grid a Navratna PSU invites applications of Executive Trainee in the following disciplines:
Job Position : Executive Trainee
Distribution of Posts is as follows :
Electrical: 63 Posts
- Full time B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg.) / BE (Power Engg.) / AMIE in Electrical Discipline from recognized University/Institute with a minimum 65% marks.
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 31.07.2010 can also apply, provided they have obtained 65% marks in engineering discipline in aggregate of all semesters/years up to prefinal
- Candidates with AMIE qualification may apply only if they have cleared both Section A and B with not less than 65% marks. Electrical Discipline includes the following nomenclature: Electrical, Electrical & Electronics.
Finance: 27 Posts
CA/ICWA from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India.
Relaxations & Concessions :
Qualifying marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PH candidates is pass marks
Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC (NCL) candidates.
For physically handicapped candidates, upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years for General, 13
years for OBC (NCL) and 15 years for SC/ST category.
Ex – Servicemen and Commissioned officers including ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years’ military service and who have been released – on completion of assignment otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or on account of physical disability attributable to military service; or on invalidment; shall be allowed maximum relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in
the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1/1/1980 to 31/12/1989.
SC / ST / PH & Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee.
Category (SC / ST / OBC (NCL) / PH ) should be carefully filled-up in the application form, as
changes in the same are generally not entertained.
Relaxation & Concession for SC / ST / J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen is subject to
submission of Caste/Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /Discharge certificate in the
prescribed format issued by a competent authority along with hard copy of application and also at time of interview, if called for.
Relaxation of Maximum Age limit for OBC (NCL) is subject to submission of a copy of
OBC(NCL) certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India for appointment in Central
Govt. Posts from a competent authority along with hard copy of application and also at time of
interview, if called for.
Relaxation & Concession for Persons with Disability is subject to submission of medical
certificate in support of disability issued by the Government Medical Board attached to Special
Employment Exchange for the handicapped along with hard copy of application application and
also at time of interview, if called for.
If any Caste/Category certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi/English, candidates are advised to produce a certified translation of the same in either Hindi or English language at the time of Interview.
· No Upper Age Limit
· Exemption from Application Fee of Rs. 400/-
· Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is 50% for General and OBC (NCL) Category and
pass marks for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Process of Selection :
The Selection Process consists of Written Test, Group Discussion & Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the Written Test.
Written Test shall be of Objective Type of two hours duration consisting of two parts –
1. Part-I consists of Technical Knowledge Test (TKT) with 120 questions having specific questions in your discipline. e.g – If the candidate has applied for ET – Electrical then questions shall be in electrical discipline.
2. Part-II consists of Executive Aptitude Test (EAT) with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal
comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency
interpretation of graphs/charts/tables, numerical ability etc.
3. All questions carry equal marks. Wrong and multiple answers would result in negative marks of 1/4.
Those candidates who qualify in the Written Test as per the criteria decided by the Management will only be short listed for Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Candidates who qualify the Group Discussion & Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by the Management will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. The Offer of Appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on the requirement. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre-Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
The applicants will have the option to appear for Written Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview in HINDI language also. The candidates who opt for Hindi as the medium of test shall only be provided the Question paper in Hindi.
Apply : 1. Interested eligible candidates should apply ON LINE only. Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
2. An application fee of Rs. 400/- is payable by candidates belonging to General and OBC (NCL)
category through a non-refundable Demand Draft obtained from STATE BANK OF INDIA
only, drawn in favour of ‘Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.’ payable at New Delhi.
3. General and OBC candidates should procure Demand Draft of requisite value before attempting to apply on line.
4. On submission of valid application, the system will generate ‘Resume’ with Registration number, which has to be downloaded, signed, photograph affixed and sent through ordinary post at the following address
The Advertiser (PG)
Post Bag No. 9248
Krishna Nagar Head Post Office,
New Delhi – 110051
along with Demand Draft / Caste certificate / Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /
Discharge certificate/ Disability Certificate in an envelope superscribed : Application for
the post of Executive Trainee (Discipline) _______________________ so as to reach latest by
the Last Date of receipt of Hard Copy of the Resume given below.
5. Departmental Candidates of POWERGRID will have to forward the Hard copy of the Resume
through their HR Department without which the candidature will not be considered.
6. Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
7. All Candidates are requested to ensure that the Hard Copy of the Resume generated after
submission of online Application along with enclosures is sent by Ordinary Post and NOT by
any other means like Courier, Speed Post etc, since the Resume is being received in a Post Bag
where only Ordinary Post is accepted.
8. Candidates should submit only single application and application once submitted cannot be
altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will
not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates.
9. Candidates should write their Name, Registration No., Post Applied for on the reverse of the bank draft.
10. All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically through the Candidate Login.
11. Candidates are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered at the time of on-line
submission of in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand
corner of the ‘Resume’. These would be required for accessing information during the later stage of the recruitment process made available through Candidate Login.
Date of Commencement of online submission of Application : 13.02.2010
Date of Closing of online submission of Application : 25.02.2010
Last date of receipt of Hard copy of Application along with enclosures by Ordinary Post from candidates : 12.03.2010
Date of commencement of downloading Admit Card : 01.04.2010
Date of Written Test : 18.04.2010
For more information click : http://www.powergridindia.com/POWERGRID/Applications/RECTT07/et15advt.aspx