Resume Format for B.Com Freshers : CV SampleFebruary 9th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
The commerce field is a phenomenal one and a person graduating in B.Com has a variety of options open to them. This means that if you are just about to graduate in B.Com and armed with the right kind of resume you can get to pick and choose from the vast array of career options that are open to you.
The one thing that you need to keep in mind is the specific format that needs to be followed and also the mentioning of the specifics. These specific information should be geared around highlighting the specific commerce subjects that you majored in such as insurance, banking, accounting and office management.
The right Resume format for B.Com freshers can get you jobs in several different sectors and levels be it in the financial sector, sales and marketing, customer care, human resources or even teaching.
Here is a sample of Resume format for B.Com freshers:
432 Park Wood Avenue,
Tel: 91 022-23456789
Mobile: +91 09809823456
To be able to enhance my career in the banking and insurance industry and utilize the knowledge and skills gleaned from my graduate studies in Commerce.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Completed graduation degree successfully in the first rank
- Excellent team spirit and leadership skills
- Adept at handling stress and work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good typing skills at 60 words per minute
- B. Com from Mithibai College of Commerce majoring in Accounts and Banking from 2008 to 2010
- Certificate course from IMA in Banking and Insurance for six months in 2010
- Have got admission in Masters in Insurance for Distance mode in Chennai University
- Well- versed in Computers and MS Office
- Know how about how to use accounting software like Tally
- I have interned during the summer of 2009 with ABC Computer Peripherals in their Accounting Department for a leave vacancy for a period of three months. I reported to the senior accountant.
- Organized an Entrepreneurial Seminar along with the other team members in college.
- Worked as a Teller in a nationalized bank for a month on a leave vacancy in 2008.
References: Will be provided on request
The moment you have completed writing your resume you need to do two things. Firstly, go on and read it from the perspective of a potential employer and see if there are points that stick out and make your resume stand out from the rest. Next, ask a close friend or someone whose judgment you trust to go through the resume and check it for any errors. Ensure that your resume is free of all grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors if you want it to make that fantastic first impression.
Once the potential employer has been able to gain enough interest from the resume, that has been written right, you will find that you will get a call for the interview to prove yourself.