Resume Objective For Freshers: Sample ExamplesJuly 27th, 2009 Posted by VFreshers
You might wonder – what is the purpose behind an objective statement in your resume.
The resume objective is the very first thing that the employer reads about you. It conveys to him your employment goal in a short crisp sentence of town. It is a powerful statement with a punch that tells the employer why they should hire you and what value addition you will bring to them.
An employer quickly scans the objective statement to see if it interests him and then goes ahead with the rest of the resume. If the objective is not eye catching and attention grabbing then he might just move on to another resume.
The objective statement will open doors for you. It will be able to enchant the employer in to reading your resume further. If worded well enough it will be like the magical key for you.
The objective statement tries and sells your skills to the employer in the shortest time possible. A good clear and specific objective statement will certainly help you to move ahead in the interview chain.
Ensure that your objective is specific to the job that you are seeking. If it is too generic then change it to meet the needs of that specific position.
Make certain that your objective statement allows the employer to peep into your brand of motivation, initiative and qualifications suited for the position.
Try and add the company’s name that you are applying to in the objective. This will certainly mean changing the objective statement for all the resumes but it will be worthwhile for sure.
Mention the job title in the objective statement. Clearly emphasize what you can do for the company and the benefits that you will bring along with you.
Less is more. Do not go overboard with words.
Examples of different objective statements that you could use
For a management position:
- Management position in Sales and Marketing, where over 5 years of experience will add value to operations.
For an entry level accounting position:
- Seeking a position in the accounting field where excellent financial and numerical skills can help to improve the company’s profitability
For someone with a little bit of experience:
- A telemarketing position where skills in selling and marketing can improve efficiency and enhance profitability
If you are into Web designing & Web development:
- A Website Developer position where advanced creative skills will produce a quality website for the company
Real Estate Resume Objective Statement:
- Seeking a position as a senior member of your real estate team that leverages my skills, achievements and ability to lead personnel in a direction to achieve phenomenal sales
Human Resource Resume Objective Statement:
- Seeking a position in the Human Resources department that enables me to bring my expertise and experience to the use of Global Banking
Some other Resume Objective examples:
- To assist Global Banking expand and enhance its training resources as an Assistant Trainer for the Learning and Development team.
- To obtain a position as a member of the Professors guild and utilize my knowledge, skills and attitude for the university’s goals.