Ruby On Rails Developer Job Positions-Blue Fin Associates ahmedabadDecember 21st, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Ruby On Rails Programmer Job Opportunities in India 2011 Ahmedabad – 21st Dec 2010
Job Position : Ruby On Rails Developer
Experience : 1 – 4 yrs
Job Location : Ahmedabad
Name of the Organization : Blue Fin Associates
Job Details :
The developer will be responsible for development of enterprise applications written in Ruby on Rails. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable history of delivering high quality web applications. This individual will understand the complexities of concurrency and scalability, and will be up to date with modern practices of web technologies. The developer will often be called upon to lead and mentor implementation at various client sites.
Job Responsibilities :
- Design and development of web application software components including both back-end and front-end code.
- Complete unit test coverage of non-trivial code.
- Document and communicate application designs.
- Follow standards for all deliverables as defined by the Bluefin Associates US technical team.
- Develop and maintain build systems using appropriate technologies (Ant, Maven, Rake, etc.)
- Collaborate with web UI developers to deliver application functionality.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the capabilities of the Bluefin Associates products. This position requires an ability to understand how our IT-focused solutions help our customer and to translate that into key marketing messages that will drive interest. The success of campaigns will be based on your depth of insight into the technology and customer pains.
- Participate in cross-group collaboration across multiple time zones.
- Develop estimates for effort, time and cost for development initiatives and participate in project planning activities.
- Provide regular status updates and feedback against your commitments and the commitments of less senior developers operating under your leadership.
- Advise management about any perceived roadblocks, issues, and risk factors regarding schedule and/or costs.
- Extremely strong in ROR development Skills and have shown history of development in ROR.
- Extremely strong understanding of object oriented software design(OOPS Concepts), including MVC frameworks, and an ability to learn and apply new technologies rapidly.
- Knowledge of an object-oriented scripting language such as Python or Ruby and an ability to prototype functionality quickly.
- Ability to execute code and design reviews.
- Knowledge of ROR Plugins and various API integration like Paypal, Google, Facebook API etc.
- Understanding of configuration management using version control systems such as Subversion, Perforce, CVS, or git, including branching and merging.
- Understanding of Unix and Unix-based operating systems.
- Experience with a cloud computing architecture, such as VMWare ESX, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, etc.
- Extremely strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
- A pertinent Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or a related field and 2 years of applied experience is required. 4 years practical exposure in the specific field will waive educational requirements. Sample code may be requested during the interview and a live coding exercise will be mandatory.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with TimesJobs.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT TIMESJOBS.COM and then apply above