Satellite Operations Jobs India Chennai-Tata CommunicationsOctober 22nd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Executive-Satellite Operations
Name of the Organization : Tata Communications
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Job Location: Chennai
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Electronics/Telecomunication
- B.E – Telecom.
- Experience in TV teleport and satellite uplinking. Hands-on knowledge on various compression broadcast technologies will be preferred.
- Able to understand and grasp video technology and satellite broadcasting at functional level
- Knowledge of functions of network equipments critical for TV uplinking e.g. MCPC and SCPC technology, Multiplexers, switches, DVB-S and DVB-S2 Modulators, High power amplifiers, parabolic satellite dish antenna.
- Should be a Team Player.
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately & collaboratively in a multi-discipline, multi geography team environment
- Should be proactive in approach.
- Needs to be Customer centric with excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Minimum 1 year experience in telecommunications on Satellite broadcast is preferred within a technical or customer relations environment.
Job Responsibilities :
- Timely commissioning of TV uplinking for new channels as per requirements of business.
- To ensure the regulatory compliance of all TV channels uplinked through the teleport.
- To ensure 100 % uptime of all the services through the teleport.
- Routine maintenance of all the equipments at the teleports to ensure 100% service availability of equipments.
- To prepare routine reports of the teleport activities. Document and ensure timely delivery of monthly service performance reports to HQ
- Work in collaboration with LOB, sales and sales support team to assist in providing comprehensive support to all customer inquiries
- Suggest solutions and / or alternatives to resolve customer concerns.
- Serve internal customers in a proactive, efficient, timely and professional manner with a focus on responding both quickly and accurately to customer requirements.
- Liaise with internal teams to resolve customer issues and effect these in a timely manner both long term and short term.
- To suggest solutions and/or alternatives to resolve customer concerns.
Job Details :
- Satellite Operations serves the purpose of TV-uplinking, IDR carriers and special CSM services for valued customers of Tata Communications.
- This position assumes the responsibility of managing TV Teleport and interfacing the TV customers, co-ordination for maintaining the terrestrial links used between customer premises to TV Teleport, satellite links working on various compression technologies for broadcast of TV channels.
- The Executive will regularly monitor and implement new services for downlink services required for Content delivery network and the video connect platform.
About Company :
Tata Communications is a leading global provider of a new world of communications. With a leadership position in emerging markets, Tata Communications leverages its advanced solutions capabilities and domain expertise across its global and pan-India network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises, service providers and Indian consumers.
The Tata Global Network includes one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, with connectivity to more than 200 countries across 400 PoPs, and nearly 1 million square feet of data center and collocation space worldwide.
Tata Communications Limited is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. (NYSE: TCL)
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above