Shell India Markets Private Limited Bangalore- Electrical Engineer Openings 2011March 23rd, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
Site Electrical Engineering Vacancies in Bengaluru Shell India – 23 March 2011
Job Position : Site Electrical Engineer
Name of the Organization : Shell India Markets Private Limited
Experience: 1 – 6 Years
Job Location: Bengaluru/Bangalore
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Electrical
- A B.Tech Electrical engineer , knowledge of electronics and instrumentation desirable
- At least 4 years of work experience preferably in an R&D or petrochemical environment. Exposure to Pilot Plants and associated systems a plus.
- Knowledge of Safety and Statutory Requirements in electrical design.
- Operational experience with implementing Permit-To-Work systems, Lock-Out-Tag-Out procedures
- Hands- on experience of installation/commissioning /preventive and breakdown maintenance/fault identification of LT electrical equipments viz. Switchgear, RMU, GOS, UPS , Motors, VFD, power and current transformers, DG sets, earthing system , lightning protection systems etc
- Theoretical and working knowledge of area classification; specification selection and handling of electrical equipment in Ex/Zoned applications
- Working knowledge in design and review of electrical architecture principles, equipment sizing , SLD preparation
- Experience in working in Chemical Lab or Plant environment with associated Multi-discipline interface Tie-ins including Utility systems, Instrumentation systems, DCS/ PLC systems
- Demonstrate active stakeholder engagement with different process teams ,utility maintenance teams and traits viz. proactive, outspoken and quick decision making
- Having past experience of coordinating with different Electrical/ govt. bodies for seeking approvals & compliance
- Demonstrable experience with direct instruction-level dealing interaction with contractors.
Job Responsibilities :
- The candidate will be responsible for the following activities at the Shell Bangalore laboratories, which is a multi-user research and testing facility as well as in design and planning of a proposed Technology Center
- Leading the electrical maintenance activities on site through coordination between the team of electricians and operators in non hazardous and hazardous applications.
- Oversee electrical maintenance and services for mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment in a Chemical Environment. Interfacing with external vendors on behalf of user groups as necessary.
- Focal point for State Electrical Inspectorate including statutory compliance through regular updates in electrical drawings/loads/preventive maintenance and calibration of electrical infrastructure as required by the 1) Shell electrical guidelines and 2) State electrical inspectorate guidelines
- Engaging and Interfacing with different stakeholders/ user groups to provide electrical support including planning out-of-office timing work to minimize interruptions.
- Preventive and breakdown maintenance of electrical infrastructure viz. switchgear, transformers, generator sets, RMUs, GOS, protective relays and meters to achieve electrical assurance on site
- Planning, design and execution of electrical infrastructure for new projects/ laboratories including Scope/BOQ formulation, vendor selection, managing contracts and supervision in coordination with sourcing and finance departments.
- Work closely with the Electrical experts in the organization and the site safety department to maintain strict adherence to Site electrical safety rules (ESR) and site HSSE including coaching / development of operators/ technicians
- Be involved in any new Technology Center Design and implementation in the capacity of an Electrical and Related Projects engineer and drive the design/implementation/ compliance of electrical infrastructure to meet the end user requirements in conjunction with other discipline teams viz. civil, mechanical etc.
About Company :
Shell Projects & Technology (P&T) business provides technical services, technology capability and helps facilitate major project delivery to both the Upstream and Downstream businesses of Royal Dutch Shell plc. The P&T office in Bangalore is the third Shell global centre for technology after Houston, USA and Amsterdam, The Netherlands – delivering advanced technical studies, projects and services for Shell around the world as well as supporting Shell activities in India.
P&T provides access to cutting-edge Indian talent and resources to Shell worldwide through its research and development facilities in Bangalore. By the end of 2009, the Bangalore office has employed nearly 700 professionals and has plans to grow to 1000 in the near future.
Shell Projects & Technology, Bangalore, is currently recruiting experienced professionals to join the exciting phase of expansion it has undertaken in India.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above