Software Engineer Job For Bangalore IT Freshers – Tesco Hindustan Service CentreMarch 6th, 2013 Posted by Shane
Job Position : Principal Software Engineer
Experience: 0 – 1 Years
Job Location : Bangalore
Job Details :
- Information Services team caters to Integration needs of various Programs/projects in Tesco. We work on technologies like BizTalk 2006/2009, MS Sql Server 2005/2008, MS SSIS, RTI, MS.net, IBM SFG & SI, Unix/Linux, AbInitio, and CA7.
- This role is for a Principle Software engineer designation for tester role who will be be testing interfaces developed in technologies listed below: BizTalk 2006 R1, Ms.net, MS SQL Server 2005 & MS SSIS, RTI, IBM SFG & SI Linux/Unix, Abinitio, CA7 & Mainframe JCL
Job Duties :
- Execute high complexity tasks within stipulated timelines and with adherence to quality norms independently
- Prepare and review test assets / automation test scripts / performance test scripts
- Analyze test metrics and status reporting
- Participate in test preparation activities (such as Environment setup, identifying test data) for Functional / Automation / Performance testing
- Deliver products / services as per the requirements, timelines with quality.
- Understand the functional requirements of a project to execute assigned tasks. Highlight discrepancies & Escalate issues.
- Participate in all test competency and organizational activities ? presentations, white paper presentations etc
- Prepare guidelines and checklists for the team, track issues to closure
- Mentor team members as required
- Build domain knowledge within testing organization
- Participate in recruitment initiatives
- Ability to write test scenarios, cases and scripts for both functional and non-functional requirements
- Preparing Test Plans and estimates.
- Prepare and Manage test assets (test cases, test data etc.) as per agreed SCM
- Use test case management, version control and defect tracking tools
- Analyze test results and collect test metrics
- Document/Track defects to closure using identified tool
- Provide necessary inputs for status, based on activities assigned and raise issues/concerns to the module lead on time
- Interact with other relevant groups to complete the tasks successfully automation
Details of the Company :
The Tesco Hindustan Service Centre (HSC) is the Global Services Arm for Tesco. The centre sits at the heart of the Tesco group, and provides IT and Business services to Tesco operations across Europe and Asia. Tesco was the first major international retailer to have a fully-owned support centre in India. Our core purpose at Tesco is to create value for our customers to earn their lifetime loyalty and Tesco HSC is dedicated to supporting those values by providing great service to our internal customers. This unique IT and Business Services model means that our people have the opportunity to develop their careers across a wide variety of areas, gaining a diverse range of experience and working with a growing, world-class, professional team.