Sterling And Wilson Group-Purchase Officer Vacancies BangaloreNovember 18th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Purchase Officer-Electricals
Experience : 1 – 3 Years
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization, Electrical
Salary : Rupees 2,50,000 – 3,00,000
Job Responsibilities :
- Execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Assist in managing and following up orders.
- Handling and monitoring of claims to factories and vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time.
- Verification and passing bills against items received.
- Returning rejected items to vendors for replacement.
- Ensuring payments to suppliers & vendors as per agreed terms.
- Sourcing alternative local & overseas vendors for future requirements.
- Plan & arrange materials on time with best quality & price.
- Purchase and issue order in accordance to specification.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
- Source for new parts, suppliers or sub-contractors when the need arises.
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data & pricing in the system.
- Prepare reports and summarisize data including sales report & book value.
candidate should be BE / Diploma in Electrical Engineering with about 2 to 3 years of Experience in procurement of materials for Electrical contracting Projects in a contracting or construction firm.The candidate should be aged around 25-30 years with practical experience in procurement of items for Electrical contracting company.The candidate should possess good innovative, analytical & negotiating skills apart from good communication skills to interact with various vendors, suppliers, clients & consultants. The Candidate should be result oriented and should have the ability to lead, Manage and influence local & overseas vendors, clients & consultants in getting the materials at the best quality & price for betterment of our organisation.Also, experience in sub contracting will be added advantage.
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Sterling And Wilson Pvt Ltd
No 4A/14, 4th Main
Chikka Adugodi New Extn
Thavarakere Main Road
About Company :
A Group company of SHAPOORJI PALLONJI & COMPANY LTD. Sterling & Wilson group is India?s premier MEP service provider is an 800 Cr. plus and one of the largest electro-mechanical (Electrical, HVAC, Fire fighting and fire detection, plumbing, Door access and security, Voice and Data cabling) contracting company in India. We have an all India presence and our offices are in nine locations in India and more are in the process of being set up. The company at the moment has employee strength of more than 1500 engineers and manager and other support function professionals. We are professionally run and managed company and have potential for bright engineers to progress horizontally and vertically in the organization.
Some of our international order includes World Cup Cricket 2007, Stadium in West Indies, Presidential Palace in Ghana, 20Mega watt power plant in Africa. Orders for projects in India are huge and we are looking for more business. We also have set up one of the largest DG set manufacturing plant in Maharashtra with MTU of Germany. We will also be manufacturing 33/11 KV clad sub-station and low voltage panels, synchronizing PLC panels, bus-ducts, rising mains etc.