Tata Communications Mumbai-Network Engineer RecruitmentMarch 28th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Network Engineer – Banking Solution
Name of the Organization : Tata Communications
About Company :
Tata Communications Limited along with its global subsidiaries (Tata Communications) is a leading global provider of the new world of communications. The company leverages its Tata Global Network, vertical intelligence and leadership in emerging markets, to deliver value-driven, globally managed solutions to the Fortune 1000 and mid-sized enterprises, service providers and consumers.
The Tata Communications portfolio includes transmission, IP, converged voice, mobility, managed network connectivity, hosted data center, communications solutions and business transformation services to global and Indian enterprises & service providers as well as, broadband and content services to Indian consumers. The Tata Global Network encompasses one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, connectivity to more than 200 countries across 300 PoPs and more than one million square feet data center space. Tata Communications serves its customers from its offices in 80 cities in 40 countries worldwide.
The number one global international wholesale voice operator and number one provider of International Long Distance, Enterprise Data and Internet Services in India, the company was named ‘Best Wholesale Carrier’ at the World Communications Awards in 2006 and was named the ‘Best Pan-Asian Wholesale Provider’ at the 2007 Capacity Magazine Global Wholesale Telecommunications Awards for the second consecutive year.
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Work place : Mumbai
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E.
- 1-2 years of hands on and strategic network experience. Experience working in an MPLS network in banking environment a plus.
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP, MPLS, Security, and WAN and LAN Networking Architecture.
- Cisco routing and switching
- Network protocols – BGP, MPLS, OSPF, Spanning Tree
- Network Topologies – MPLS, MPLS based VPN, WAN
- Familiar with SNMP, RMON and UNIX command
- Familiar with VSAT/WIMAX technology
- Cisco certification in addition to CCNA is a plus.
- Any Firewall certification like in PIX Firewall would be an added advantage
- should have good communication skill & should have the ability to lead the team of out sourced engineers working in NOC and field
- exposure to NMS system in a NOC environment
Job Responsibilities :
- Management of the end to end Banking Service setup riding over IP/MPLS Network including firewall, IPS.
- Actively monitoring and portraying the real-time status of the Network setup & components.
- Maintaining service network infrastructure in accordance with industry Best Practices.
- Providing technical support for the IP/MPLS Network & other elements of the service setup on 24×7.
- Responding to service requests and service escalations.
- Maintaining documentation, including network diagrams, procedures, and asset inventory.
- Analyze the case reported and troubleshoots the same.
- Resolve various problems raised to NOC which occur due to problem in MPLS network, if required by coordinating with other internal NOC teams responsible for the problematic segment
- Implement Change Management Requests as per process and TATs
- Carry out improvement projects over the network by audits and optimizations in coordination with the team.
- Prepare and send reports as prescribed and required
- Escalate and coordinate with different wan link providers and basic service operators , equipment vendors, application vendors etc for resolution of problems raised to NOC which are due to issues beyond MPLS Backbone network