Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research Mumbai-Scientific Officer (optics) Job VacancyAugust 22nd, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Scientific Officer [Optics]
No of Opening : 1
Experience : 1 – 2 Years
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. , M.Sc – Physics
Job Location : Mumbai
Job Details :
- The member will work on various aspects of optical design of the telescope & spectrometer for IRSIS experiment. Extensive use of software for optics simulations (e.g. ZEMAX) is anticipated.
- Higher starting salary could be considered to deserving candidates.
- The work may involve travelling and spending time at various units of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) at Bangalore/ Ahmedabad etc. and other collaborating research organizations or other centres/ field stations of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (Pune, Hyderabad).
- HRA 30% on consolidated salary.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on July 1, 2010.
- Candidates applying for reserved post for OBC should submit a copy of latest non-creamy layer certificate issued by the competent authority in the Govt. of India format (Please see http://www.tifr.res.in/positions for specimen of format).
- Posts for general category (unreserved) – SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates can also apply.
- Applications giving full details together with copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in the following format with the post applied for & Serial Number of the post superscribed on the envelope should reach Establishment Officer (D) within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
- M.Sc. (Physics) with specialization in Optics with 60% marks with 1 – 2 years experience in a laboratory with activities related to optics OR Bachelor’s Degree in Optical Engineering / Technology with minimum 60% marks.
- Knowledge of optical design software like ZEMAX.
- Age : Below 28 years.
Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research
1, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
About Company :
The Infra Red Spectroscopic Imaging Survey (IRSIS) experiment funded by ISRO under their Small Satellite Mission. The selected candidates will be posted at the Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics of the Institute at Mumbai, for a period of two years initially. The members may have to spend extended periods of time at other collaborating laboratories located at Bangalore and/or Pune.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above