Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research Mumbai-Scientific Officer VacanciesApril 20th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Scientific Officer
Name of the Organization :Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Work Location: Mumbai
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecomunication
- Formal certification in networking and security will have added advantage.
- Should have a clear understanding of network concepts.
- Have experience in maintaining internet and point to point lease line.
- Concept of firewall and internet security.
- Configuration of VLAN, VPN, DHCP etc.
- Candidates with programming knowledge in Perl, Shell scripting, PhP will have weightage.
- Age : Below 31 years.
Job Responsibilities :
- Should attend user calls to maintain desktops/laptops on Linux and Windows.
- Have to maintain SLA for critical equipment with service provider for support and supply of spares.
- Should be active and open for acquiring new skills.
Job Details :
- Appointment for the above post will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on January 1, 2010.
- Selected candidates for the post will be governed by the New Pension Scheme applicable to the Central Government service (unless they are already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972).
- Candidates applying for reserved post for OBC should submit a copy of latest non-creamy layer certificate issued by the competent authority in the Govt. of India format.
- All the posts above carries a liability to work in anywhere/any place in India.
- Applications giving full details together with copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in the following format and superscribing the post applied for on the envelope should reach Establishment Officer (D) within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
About Company :
The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is an autonomous Institute under the umbrella of the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India. We do basic research in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics and computer science.
We have campuses in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and research facilities in various other places in India. We have master’s and doctoral programs in our fields of work.
Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research
1, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba