Teacher Resume Sample Format : CV ExampleApril 6th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
The education sector has seen the kind of unprecedented boom that was never ever seen a decade ago. There are several different kinds of schools right from the international schools that offer the IB curriculum to the ones that are run by the government. As the education sector becomes more professional and pulls up its socks to meet the growing demand, so is the case with teachers applying for jobs in these schools. The first thing that they need to do is to ensure that their resume follows the prescribed standard structure and is also able to highlight the specific qualifications as well as the experience.
The resume should be able to stand out from the rest of the resumes and this can be done by highlighting the different spheres such as the child development qualifications, classroom management strategies and techniques, different modes of instruction, using technology in the classroom and admin support rendered to the management. All of this is over and above the subject matter expertise and this will allow you to make the right and lasting first impression with your resume.
Here is a sample of a Teacher Resume Format:
786, Mid path Avenue
Birmingham 987 908
345 678 9876
234 657 8797
A highly motivated and confident educator with expertise and experience in the field of teaching
Able to work well in a team and mentor junior teachers to be able to foster the best learning environment
Ability to inculcate leadership skills in students and ensure interest in extra-curricular activities along with academics.
- TEFL from Cambridge University in 2010
- Masters of Education – specializing in English and Administration from Texas University, 2008.
- Bachelor of Education – specializing in child development and English 2004 – 2007
Seminars and Workshops:
- Attended the TEFL workshops conducted by renowned publishers like Macmillan
- Literacy program launched by the state of Texas
- Career enhancement and Personal Development workshops for teachers
- Working as a Senior teacher at Oakwoods International School, Texas from 2010 until now
- Teach and motivate students to give their best
- Instructional design for worksheets and power point presentations
- Mentor junior teachers recruited and new to the teaching field
- Developed a score card system for the students that are able to capture relevant data far more effectively
- Participated in the extra-curricular activities of the school
- Edited the school magazine along with the other team members
- Visualized and hosted the school play based on Shakespeare’s works
- Worked as a TEFL assistant with the British Council in Spain 2009 to 2010
- Taught English to students who were non-native speakers of the language
- Helped the main teacher in the day to day functioning of the classroom
- Corrected and graded the students work
- Mentored and monitored the students for academic and extra-curricular activities
- Helped in the teacher development program run by the other schools
- Volunteered services at a government school one afternoon per week